• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Suspension

beatassXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to "recomfort" my ride. Its a 96 with a 4'' Bastard pack in the back and rustys 3'' 180lb springs up front. i thought that the rear would settle but after 2 years it hasnt budged. SO..after all the recent threads about the RC drop brackets ripping out of the frame i decided on RRO drop brackets. im gonna throw another spring isolater in there to even it out a bit and im thinking warrior lower control arms that are 16 1/8 long. Question is how does this sound, and will there be too much length with those control arms and drop brackets. Its a dd with 90% street. so rubber bushings i think are a must. Hit me

You are not going to get the required height out of the isolater that you will need for drop brackets and even if you do get them the lca length is only supposed to be 15.75 and that is with 4.5" lift. That extra length in the lca will make a noticable difference in where the axle sits.
In the rough country DB write up there is a chart of the control arms length. Search through it and you should find it.

Get some nice OME shocks to compliment them.

And he can run drop brackets with 3-4 of lift on stock length arms 94xjstud.

Yes I understand that he can run db's with that amount of lift, but it is not recommended and the stock arms could potentionally push the axle too far forward. Just look at the a recent post of the guy how just put them on with more lift and stock arms.
He was also talking about putting longer lca's on.

Just to be clear.3" lift DB's are NOT reccomended by any of the mfg's.3" lift coils lca's should be 16 inches, uca's 15. hell he can run stock uppers and fixed lowers. even if he puts in a extra isolator he's about 16 1/8 or so lca and still 15 uca.sounds like he needs to do his homework before he starts buyin parts. my .02. and RE is a lot better product if you can afford it.but the 3.5 from what i understand sits a lot higher, which can lead to more parts to buy, depending on the yr of his xj.

Loling so hard @ this. Needs to be nominated.

I'm not kidding.

note to self: feel free to disagree with this user with confidence.

So, why are you not kidding? What evidence do you have that makes OME such a terrible company, why is their product junk?? I've only ever heard of them making nice, high quality components. I'd like to hear why you are so adamant that they are so horrendous....

I am looking to "recomfort" my ride. Its a 96 with a 4'' Bastard pack in the back and rustys 3'' 180lb springs up front. i thought that the rear would settle but after 2 years it hasnt budged. SO..after all the recent threads about the RC drop brackets ripping out of the frame i decided on RRO drop brackets. im gonna throw another spring isolater in there to even it out a bit and im thinking warrior lower control arms that are 16 1/8 long. Question is how does this sound, and will there be too much length with those control arms and drop brackets. Its a dd with 90% street. so rubber bushings i think are a must. Hit me

I have not heard of the RC brkts ripping out - - are the Rocky Roads are built different so they dont pull out ? How about Rubicon Express ?

Last edited:
Back