• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leftover Turkey Run at Reiter Nov 28th

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I have not been out to Reiter in WAY too long and would like to get back out there again before the snow run season takes off full time.

There are a bunch of newer trails that I have not had a chance to check out yet and would really like some assistance in finding some of them also if anyone else is interested or can at least point me in the right direction.

Friday November 28th, thinking of making a whole day out of it (I don't plan on being off the trail till well after sunset). Probably meeting in the parking lot around 9:00AM.

These are the trails I would like to run (some I have done in the distant past, others I have not).
1. Trail of Doom
2. Rinoland
3. Cable
4. Grumpy's Trail??
5. Three step
6. Sac Up

And if there is time the Index Wall Trail.

Anyone else interested?
Michael

I should be down to go Michael, Grumpy's is a good trail and is a loop off of Cable. The Wall Trail is pretty much paved over now, except for the watery sections.

-Alex

Depends if I end up going to TSF or not.

Count me out..... Work.

I got a map printed as large as I could (still not optimum but will have to do).

Here is what I am thinking (in this order).
1. Rhinoland
2. Rock garden
3. Grumpy's Trail
4. Cable

Then back down to:
1. Three Step
Is there a chance of fitting Freeride here also?
2. The Poop Shute
3. Sac Up

I would be shocked if there was time for the Wall, I just haven't been up there is YEARS!! and would like to see it again.

Michael

I'm a maybe for this. As much as I like to hit Reiter again, it depends on what I'm doing with my current Jeep. There is a possibility it won't be mine by then.

-Jeremy

I got a map printed as large as I could (still not optimum but will have to do).

Here is what I am thinking (in this order).
1. Rhinoland
2. Rock garden
3. Grumpy's Trail
4. Cable

Then back down to:
1. Three Step
Is there a chance of fitting Freeride here also?
2. The Poop Shute
3. Sac Up

I would be shocked if there was time for the Wall, I just haven't been up there is YEARS!! and would like to see it again.

Michael

There's not much of a trail at The Wall

I'm a maybe for this. As much as I like to hit Reiter again, it depends on what I'm doing with my current Jeep. There is a possibility it won't be mine by then.

-Jeremy

Woohoo. Nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Understood. Forget the wall, if there is time and energy left we can run the "Trail of Doom" instead.
Michael

Wall is still a cool place to go, I would be up for rallying up there once the sun sets and hiking up the last hundred yards. Always a cool view after dark, especially if you can get up there when a train is passing through the Index area.

-Alex

this should be a good run. The terrain should be intersting with all the rain. Reiter changes drastically with rain fall. Although the trails are not all that long...looks like we have a lot of ground to cover. We should nick name this "Endurance Run"

this should be a good run. The terrain should be intersting with all the rain. Reiter changes drastically with rain fall. Although the trails are not all that long...looks like we have a lot of ground to cover. We should nick name this "Endurance Run"

bringing your grill? We could do grilled turkey samiches :D

What is the difficulty on all these trails
What is the minimum lift height to be able to get through these trails?
Super muddy?
Is damage expected?

Thanks,
-PJ-

Back