• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rotted rocker panels

9782XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering how important to strength it is to have rocker panels. Mine were rotted out so i cut them out with intention of replacing them but funds and time have other plans. i do have sliders so it wont be a problem of stuff hitting them, just not sure about how important they are to unibody strength. Any info would be great. TIA

inner or outer rocker ?

if its just the outer rocker skin, probably not a big deal. Sure its stronger but i think the real strength is the 90 degree bend of the inner rocker. This strengthens the vehicle front to back and side to side on each respective side of the jeep. Just the outer surface isnt a huge deal.

The guys that weld in some square stock seem to do fine, so it seems the inner rocker is the strength, the outer is mostly looks, and some function of not having the inner exposed.

Its not gonna taco shell with the outer rusted.

Back