• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another car accident....

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
It seems like everyone has been getting in accidents lately from people driving like complete idiots, here is another case. I swear Oregon drivers are some of the worst in the US, I have driven in lots of other states and I think Oregon is by far the worst. People in California and Arizona can drive in the rain better than most people in Oregon.

My girlfriend was stopped sitting in traffic in damascas last wednesday morning, when someone in a Honda Civic decided he didn't need to pay attention to the road anymore and rear ended her at full speed. I am guessing he was doing 45mph and never touched the brakes, he shoved our Impreza into a Ford Focus so our Subi got crunched bad on both sides. Erin, is still at home and will not be returning to work for at least another week. Her tail bone is hurting her pretty bad still and it hurts her to do anything. Hopefully she gets better soon!!

The red Honda that hit her is totaled as well as our Subaru. We really liked our 06 2.5i alot, we have not even owned it for a year and it makes us sad to see it go. We spent a decent amount of money doing upgrades to the car expecting to keep it for a long time, it was a great, fun, and reliable car.

Now we are dealing with all the insurance crap and it sucks, they are big time low balling us on what they will pay on the car. The insurance company paying is Farmers and I have just about had it with them. They called the bank that financed our car and were going to send them a check that was way low like we had settled. We never even came close to settling and signed zero papers! Farmers was trying to settle without letting us know, basically trying to screw us over! Our bank called to confirm it with us and I am very glad they did. What pieces of shit... I have heard many horror stories about dealing with Farmers Insurance.

Here are some pictures, all three cars were red. The red Honda hit us in a Subaru Impreza, the impact pushed us into the red ford focus. Erin had been stopped for 10 seconds before she got hit. The Honda is fully at fault.

Subaru200625ipictures004.jpg

Subaru200625ipictures001.jpg

Subaru200625ipictures003.jpg

It seems like everyone has been getting in accidents lately from people driving like complete idiots, here is another case. I swear Oregon drivers are some of the worst in the US, I have driven in lots of other states and I think Oregon is by far the worst. People in California and Arizona can drive in the rain better than most people in Oregon.

My girlfriend was stopped sitting in traffic in damascas last wednesday morning, when someone in a Honda Civic decided he didn't need to pay attention to the road anymore and rear ended her at full speed. I am guessing he was doing 45mph and never touched the brakes, he shoved our Impreza into a Ford Focus so our Subi got crunched bad on both sides. Erin, is still at home and will not be returning to work for at least another week. Her tail bone is hurting her pretty bad still and it hurts her to do anything. Hopefully she gets better soon!!

The red Honda that hit her is totaled as well as our Subaru. We really liked our 06 2.5i alot, we have not even owned it for a year and it makes us sad to see it go. We spent a decent amount of money doing upgrades to the car expecting to keep it for a long time, it was a great, fun, and reliable car.

Now we are dealing with all the insurance crap and it sucks, they are big time low balling us on what they will pay on the car. The insurance company paying is Farmers and I have just about had it with them. They called the bank that financed our car and were going to send them a check that was way low like we had settled. We never even came close to settling and signed zero papers! Farmers was trying to settle without letting us know, basically trying to screw us over! Our bank called to confirm it with us and I am very glad they did. What pieces of shit... I have heard many horror stories about dealing with Farmers Insurance.

Here are some pictures, all three cars were red. The red Honda hit us in a Subaru Impreza, the impact pushed us into the red ford focus. Erin had been stopped for 10 seconds before she got hit. The Honda is fully at fault.

Subaru200625ipictures004.jpg

Subaru200625ipictures001.jpg

Subaru200625ipictures003.jpg

people just dont pay attention!! hope ur girl recovers, and another sube can be bought. It seems to absorbed the impact pretty well, get a differnt color, those red ones really show the rock chips and lose the shine on the clear rather quickly!

Yes we can buy another, most likely a 05 or newer Legacy 2.5GT. I get attached to cars, I am still driving my first vehical I ever bought! You are right about the rock chips, they happened very easily on the hood and showed like a black eye. The red was dull when we bought it but a good coat of wax and good car wash soap always let it highly polished. I guess the newer Subaru's have thin paint, the next one will get a clear bra right away. The car did absorb the impact very well, it had a 5 star crash test rating front and rear so it did its job. Hopefully Erin gets better soon, the painfully area is away from her psinal cord which is good but she could still have a small fracture which could hurt for a long time or forever. She got X rays and everythign looked okay but that means nothing, if the pain continues for another week we are going to get a 3D scan to verify there are no fractures. I forget the name but I think it is a CT scan.

Yes we can buy another, most likely a 05 or newer Legacy 2.5GT. I get attached to cars, I am still driving my first vehical I ever bought! You are right about the rock chips, they happened very easily on the hood and showed like a black eye. The red was dull when we bought it but a good coat of wax and good car wash soap always let it highly polished. I guess the newer Subaru's have thin paint, the next one will get a clear bra right away. The car did absorb the impact very well, it had a 5 star crash test rating front and rear so it did its job. Hopefully Erin gets better soon, the painfully area is away from her psinal cord which is good but she could still have a small fracture which could hurt for a long time or forever. She got X rays and everythign looked okay but that means nothing, if the pain continues for another week we are going to get a 3D scan to verify there are no fractures. I forget the name but I think it is a CT scan.
keep ur eyes peeled for a used spec b, u dont like the new remodelled impreza's? i took a 09 sti for a spin, way nicer to drive than before! I kinda liked the subaru look, they kinda have a mazda3ish toyota-matrixish look to them now

I cant stand the new impreza hatch backs or the new 2.5i impreza. The WRX's and STI 's are a little better but I still like the 06-07 pig nose subarus much better in the looks department. The 09 WRX's have a very potent engine that is very well priced, I think they are only 1/10th of a second slower in the 1/4 mile than a 09 STI.

The next car will either be another 06-07 Impreza WRX or a Legacy 2.5GT, spec B would be nice but I really don't care that much if it is not a spec B.

I cant stand the new impreza hatch backs or the new 2.5i impreza. The WRX's and STI 's are a little better but I still like the 06-07 pig nose subarus much better in the looks department. The 09 WRX's have a very potent engine that is very well priced, I think they are only 1/10th of a second slower in the 1/4 mile than a 09 STI.

The next car will either be another 06-07 Impreza WRX or a Legacy 2.5GT, spec B would be nice but I really don't care that much if it is not a spec B.

good choice(s) turbo's rock. Its funny the dedicated impreza owners for the most part dislike the remodel, whereas the remodel has attracted hoards of new subaru owners from other brands. love it or hate it! they were due for a remodel! hell the trailer hitch was the same from 93 to 07!

good choice(s) turbo's rock. Its funny the dedicated impreza owners for the most part dislike the remodel, whereas the remodel has attracted hoards of new subaru owners from other brands. love it or hate it! they were due for a remodel! hell the trailer hitch was the same from 93 to 07!
I believe the new body style looks like a cheap kia or something similar. The new WRX's are much more potent though. The 06-07's are only 224hp, the 09's are 265hp. Lots of fun in a 4wheel drive car stock. The standard 2.5i's are just ugly and boring but teh WRX and STI non hatch cars look good.

Last edited:
The problem with drivers in Oregon isn't the Oregonian drivers...it's all the illegal aliens and out of staters that don't know the laws. It's also peopld that are stupid in general...anyone too distracted by a cell phone or their CD collection to pay attention to the road is an immediate hazzard. My buddy Scott was just rear ended in his girlfriends ZJ. The girl that hit him was driving with a permit with her mother...same type story. She never hit the brakes and had just exited HWY 26 at the Murray Blvd exit. She hit Scott at around 45. She wasn't driving a Honda though. She was rolling a Ford Expedition. She slammed Scott into a 7 series BMW that was in front of him. Totalled the Grand Cherokee and the expedition. Not totally sure about hte damage to the BMW. Fortunately for them the BMW owners insurance is going after the Expedition drivers insurance for coverage. The police officer on scene stated that the girl in the expedition was the 'at fault driver.' His loan company already told them to go out and get a new rig...they only had this one for two months or so. He found a lifted ZJ in his price range.

Hopefully you have as good a luck as he did.

Good luck man.

Matt

hmm.. the person that hit me had farmers aswell. wonder if its the same "adjuster" lookin at your rig and mine. the guy is slower then hell. and im getting the run-around. dont wanna be trigger happy with a law-suit. as its a long process, but a few vains are starting to bulge in the fore-head

P.S: matt. you should look into being a author.:looney:

l_19f27aa449374a1dd4473a6701838cec.jpg

^My first accident. Also, my first car...
Because of farmers I had that piece of crap sitting in my driveway for over a week, because they couldnt get me a freaking tow truck and a place to tow it too! Luckily my insurance covers one free tow, so I got it towed to my place so I wouldn't get a ticket for abandoning a vehicle (I was threatend instead). Luckily they ended up paying out...but it took a month of stupid phone calls, and repeating my story over and over again. Good luck with everything man, I hope you guys get what you deserve! Accidents suck.

~Scott

It is WAY too easy for people to get their licenses these days. I see crashes all the time! About once a week somebody I know gets in a crash. Gotta love paying almost $200 a month for insurance even though im 18 and never been pulled over or got in an accident.

It is WAY too easy for people to get their licenses these days. I see crashes all the time! About once a week somebody I know gets in a crash. Gotta love paying almost $200 a month for insurance even though im 18 and never been pulled over or got in an accident.

That's strictly because you're 18...you're just considered a new/novice driver and higher risk because you've only been licensed 2-3 years.

You'll probably get small breaks here and there as years pass, and a good one at 25 assuming you maintain your record as you have so far.

That's strictly because you're 18...you're just considered a new/novice driver and higher risk because you've only been licensed 2-3 years.

You'll probably get small breaks here and there as years pass, and a good one at 25 assuming you maintain your record as you have so far.
the reason it is so high when your young is because young people get into the most crashes. Hence why they should make it harder to get your license IMO.

the reason it is so high when your young is because young people get into the most crashes. Hence why they should make it harder to get your license IMO.
Your one of the statistics! that super cool cell phone, or your sisters friends low cut shirt...wham :laugh:

This is the same crap that happened to me except on the freeway. The person in front of me said she was hit first (I'm sure after her insurance found out the guy who hit me was uninsured). It was clear by the damage on my 90 Loredo that I was hit 1st but since my insurance had an "out" from paying they tried to screw me! I had to get a lawyer to get them to settle. I got a super price on the jeep and just wanted my medical bills paid, not looking for the big payoff for myself but I had to fight for it. I know I paid way more into my insurance than they paid me. Insurance is a rip off! (Medical included).

Back