• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight ? #2

Is power out to both the high beans and the low beams?

yes. marker lights work sometimes. no turn signals. dash lights are come and go. all rear lights work great. it's not the headlight pull switch, already tried that.

The park, dash illum and blinkers are on a separate circuit from the headlamps, seperate fuses.
Either a major (central) fuse in the PDC or a connector melting down someplace. The headlights don't go anywhere near the ignition switch so that's doubtful. I'd look at the harness/connectors under the column, do a visual for discoloring and feel for heat.
I'm not real familiar with the 93 under hood fuse box, there may be a diagram in the lid. I've had fuses crack and make iffy contact or the sockets overheat and make iffy contact.
The bus in the PDC has been known to be problematic in many models.
Thre good old wiggle test may tell you something, shake the connectors and the harness, bang on things a little, Iffy contact usually generates heat, the tip of your finger can be helpful.
If the metal part of the headlight switch (the rod the knob is on) is getting hot, that's a sure sign something is shorting out.

Last edited:
thanks. i'll have to do this in the morning. excuse my ignorence but you said "The bus in the PDC has been known to be problematic in many models." what would PDC and bus stand for?

thanks. i'll have to do this in the morning. excuse my ignorence but you said "The bus in the PDC has been known to be problematic in many models." what would PDC and bus stand for?

The under hood fuse box has a hot wire (or copper strip) shared by multiple fuses, usually called a bus. you can often see discolored spade connectors ( or sockets for the fuses) that are darkened from heat. Poor contact to the bus generates heat. The spade connectors (or sockets) for the fuses get hot and relax (get soft) and make poor contact (fairly common in most any connector).

Back