• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheelin in oregon?

92jeepxjOR

NAXJA Forum User
I live in salem and am trying to find new places for me and my buddies to wheel and we are all out of ideas so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places around here to have some fun

I am in Salem as well... Let me know when are you available and where you want to go... I sometimes go exploring around towards Detroit or towards Dallas / Fall City area...

We could go together sometime if you would like. I am not too extreme, but have my ways.

a place to check out that used to be neat was up at the top of crooked finger, just outside of scotts mills.

or i kinda liked playen at wagonwheel park between mollola and mulino. both are just little legal fun spots. no real trails, nothings "Organized" or maintained for wheelin.

If you wanna do a full day fun event, Tillamook state forest, Naches, or even sandlake/dunes.

nachez is a good 6 hour drive. so it would be a better "weekend camping" spot

i gotta ask, I have seen people talking about goat mt quite a bit. Is it worth the one and a half drive from vancouver or is it more of if your just in the area spot.

Ya, we went to croked finger about a month ago and it looked like they shut a lot down up there but there was a few cool little rock crawles to play on I've been wanting to go to browns camp for a while but haven't made it there yet ,ya bud it would be cool to get together and go explore around dallas falls city the only place I've been to is valsetz whith is cool but we dident find a lot of wheelin up there pm me your number or I can send u mine and we could set somthing up it would probably have to be a few weeks though with money and all

Goat is worth the drive if you come along on a trip with people who know where to go. Every time I'm there I find someplace new.

The Crooked Finger area isn't as good as it used to be. They closed off most of the good areas. Its better to go up Sawtell road, its farther up to the wheeling areas but there's less hill people and there's alot more stuff. We even did a snow run into late July this year.
You can actually drop down to the Elkhorn mining district from Sawtell road too based on the roads I've been on. We had to turn around but according to my GPS we were on one of the roads that drops down towards Mehama.

images

baaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa

Ya, we went to croked finger about a month ago and it looked like they shut a lot down up there but there was a few cool little rock crawles to play on I've been wanting to go to browns camp for a while but haven't made it there yet ,ya bud it would be cool to get together and go explore around dallas falls city the only place I've been to is valsetz whith is cool but we dident find a lot of wheelin up there pm me your number or I can send u mine and we could set somthing up it would probably have to be a few weeks though with money and all

Well, I am most likely be out in the Fall City area towards the coast looking around for some elk and such... If you would like to join me, you can PM me your number, and I'll text/call ya....:cheers:

be carefull up at goat in this next year, ive noticed a lot of trails being shut down and more gates being closed up there, last weekend my buddy talked to a logger that said ALL of the land out there got sold to BLM and theyre planning to log the living hell out of it.. be warned.. goat closure could be in the near future :( but yes there are many tuff cool trails if theyre still open. its a humongous amount of land

Back