• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs

chelms27

NAXJA Forum User
Have to ask this, I have searched everywhere. I am trying to get 1.5-2" of lift in the rear. I have daystar shackles and stock leafs, I have a good set of extra xj springs and I was going to add the second or third spring from them to my existing pack, but not sure which one to use. I also thought about using 2 third leafs in place of the existing 2nd leave,or else using 2 second springs instead of the existing first spring. Any advise? I want to retain the flex. Thanks

:repair:

chelms27 said:
Have to ask this, I have searched everywhere. I am trying to get 1.5-2" of lift in the rear. I have daystar shackles and stock leafs, I have a good set of extra xj springs and I was going to add the second or third spring from them to my existing pack, but not sure which one to use. I also thought about using 2 third leafs in place of the existing 2nd leave,or else using 2 second springs instead of the existing first spring. Any advise? I want to retain the flex. Thanks

:repair:
cut the eyes off the main leaf and use that, do a search for rock lizard bb

chelms27 said:
right, I was thinking of a different thread I read, your right 2.5-3"

Try adding a stock second leaf or 2, and see where that puts you. According to Rocklizardfab's work, he got about 2 1/4" with a main leaf. A second leaf added will give you less, possibly what you are looking for. Or just a main leaf, like previously stated. :thumbup:

thanks, I think I am going to use my 3rd spring, and then go from there, I might end up using the main. Why do you need to cut down the 2nd spring? to make it sit right in the pack so its not on the other?

chelms27 said:
thanks, I think I am going to use my 3rd spring, and then go from there, I might end up using the main. Why do you need to cut down the 2nd spring? to make it sit right in the pack so its not on the other?

I did, just because it was the same length of the original stock one. Just so the 2 I added would be spaced out. I guess you don't need to though.

chelms27 said:

I'd suggest using the main with the eyes cut off, it helps strengthen the pack some by spreading the weight more evenly on the main leaf. In my experience it alone will add ~1-1.5". Then add others to get it where you want.
I had some s-10 leaves in mine for a while, and noticed a slight bend in the main towards the rear due to the added stress. I have rebuilt them with other springs and an extra main to get rid of the problem, so far so good.
You should cut the leaves so the are spaced as even as possible, this will help reduce friction in the pack. I kept the second leaf (old main) long enough to reach the bushings on the main leaf.

Back