• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frozen Phallus Scout Misssion

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking next Saturday we could head up and check out the Old Cascade Highway/Iron Goat Trail for possible camping/wheeling areas. Mainly I would like to check out the brush and tree coverage to find an area with low Avalanche risk.

Where is the proposed road/trail located? I just put my Rock Rails on (A day after denting the quarter at Reiter LOL) and need to go find places to scratch them up! :yelclap:

Eric
(Formerly user ID ehappy)

Where is the proposed road/trail located? I just put my Rock Rails on (A day after denting the quarter at Reiter LOL) and need to go find places to scratch them up! :yelclap:

Eric
(Formerly user ID ehappy)

There probably won't be any place to scratch them up. This isn't a wheeling trip, it's a scouting trip to check out the area for Snow wheeling. It's an old highway with maybe a couple FS roads, located on highway 2 about 1-2 miles before Tunnel Creek.

Joe,
I won't be able to attend this Saturday. Let me know how it goes and what you find.

Michael

So that means no tow points are req'd?

Put me down as a definite Maybe.

Is there snow up there yet?

E <--- see, it's a Big E :yelclap: LOL

ahh......... NO!
Rockrails are probably not required or likely to get hit but tow points would be very necessary!! :lecture:
Michael

You need to get some tow points. With what it cost in gas to go for one decent wheeling trip, you could buy front and rear tow points off someone (tow hooks and hitch, or something like that).

~Scott

its a scouting trip. I could drive my moms CRV up there....no big deal... Its pavement that you will be driving on, except for the FS roads....

Keil
depending on the weather there might be a little snow, I still don't think I'll even need 4wd.

depending on the weather there might be a little snow, I still don't think I'll even need 4wd.

my point......CRV has all wheel drive... It will be fine...(joking, not taking CRV)

Actually no, new requirements, you need a winch, locked front rear, and no smaller than 36's...:confused1

I'm 90% in Joe.

Keil

my point......CRV has all wheel drive... It will be fine...(joking, not taking CRV)

Actually no, new requirements, you need a winch, locked front rear, and no smaller than 36's...:confused1

I'm 90% in Joe.

Keil

Or a Civic with a winch.

Oh yeah? :jester:

Just wait 'till I put together a "Short XJ" run only for 3" or less in lift, 31" or smaller tires, stock wheel wells, No Lockers (LS OK in rear) and a strictest-in-the-business "No Mud Tires" rule. :moon:

Oh yeah, and, defiantly NO Tow Points:exclamati

Actually I'm saving for Front and Rear bumpers. Even though I'm an Deeee-troit'er, I've seen the snow in the passes, and, last year spent a weekend in a snow block Igloo (Above Ground/snow) for a Winter Survival class. Yeah, I guess tow points would be a good idea.

Remember to take the "10 Essentials", just in case.

Eric

last year spent a weekend in a snow block Igloo (Above Ground/snow) for a Winter Survival class. Yeah, I guess tow points would be a good idea.

Remember to take the "10 Essentials", just in case.

Eric

So this mean your coming to the igloo buildoff this year? Its Rooneypower and myself vs all the challengers.:D

-Alex

I kinda got an update last night. This isn't confirmed but there may be a bridge out somewhere on the Old Cascade Highway. If that is true we have one way in either at the Iron Goat entrance or the top of the Pass. All depends on the exact location of the bridge.

Back