• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc brake questions

Bob Myers

NAXJA Forum User
Will a disc brake setup from a Liberty 8.25 axle fit a 92 mopar 8.25 axle with little or no mods to mounting points? I found a killer deal on one.

I don't know but the best way to tell is:
1.) measure the distance from the mounting plates on the axle, if they are the same as your, you are one step closer.
2.)then measure the bolt pattern of the plates, if they are the same you are even closer
3.) this is what matters, if the distance from the mounting plates to the wheel mounting surface on the axle flange is the same then its a pretty much guarentte to fit.

if thats the case then its prob gonna fit. worse case, you have to change the wheel studs.

I did some research on this a while back, and from what I could tell it is a direct swap. I couldn't find any parts localy to do the swap so I dropped it. Keep in mind some 02's had the Dana 35 (thats all I could seem to find).

Back