• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ ground location!!

JAFFAR3869

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a 4.0 motor swap in my 90 xj. im looking to see where the negative battery cable straight off the battery goes. I know that it goes on the left ( when your looking at from the front) side of the engine. Right now i have it off the bellhousing bolt that holds the tranny dipstick in place. I dont think im getting a good enough ground cause im not getting any spark like i had before. :( Anything you can do to help, info, facts, ideas and esp. pics would be great Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Jeeper. There are 3 main groundcables. 1 from the battery to the chassis (short). 2 from the battery to engineblock (by dipstick) , 3 from engineblock to firewall. :laugh3:

On the pic #2 you can see the nut on the headbolt #6. It is a relocation. The old connector is still there (braid one).

Last edited:
Make sure you did not disturb the crank position sensor in the bellhousing. I snapped mine off on my first swap. no sparkie

Back