• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft boot torn...

01sesedan

NAXJA Forum User
Was doing a visual inspection underneath and noticed the driveshaft boot had torn off, the splines are exposed.

A while back I had lubed up the splines and when I put everything back together, I used a tiewrap on the driveshaft part of the boot. Maybe I wasn't suppose to.. Ooops

Where could I find a replacement beside the dealership?

Thanks...

Was doing a visual inspection underneath and noticed the driveshaft boot had torn off, the splines are exposed.

A while back I had lubed up the splines and when I put everything back together, I used a tiewrap on the driveshaft part of the boot. Maybe I wasn't suppose to.. Ooops

Where could I find a replacement beside the dealership?

Thanks...

Dealership or get one from the junk yard. Maybe put out a want on your Chapters want ads as I'm sure someone has replaced their rear DS once.

I never bothered with a tie wrap.

My front driveshaft doesn't have a boot, and neither did my Tom Wood's driveshaft when it was new.

I think he's refering to the rear shaft!
Use a shock boot!
driveshaft.jpg

Oh maybe, didn't think about that. Although I'd say it isn't really necessary. Hell, some people don't even run shock boots and I'd have to say the gasket for the shock piston is alot more important than the spline seal.

Back