• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idling problem

unclethumbtack

NAXJA Forum User
I put this in the wrong section can someone move it for me please.
I took my jeep (2000,4.0l) into the shop to have the blower motor changed and when I got it back today, the battery was almost dead. I got a jump and drove home every time I would come to a stop it would idle way down like 500 rpm and act like it was going to die. I came home googled it up and decided to clean the IAC. I took the throttle body off and clean it and the IAC. Backed out of the garage and it was running really good. Took it around the block and when I got back it was running like crap again. So I read on here sometime about resetting the computer????? so I unhooked the negative terminal to the battery for about 10 mins, drove it around the block again it acted fine. WHAT IS GOING ON? I am scared to drive again I am afraid it will act up again.

Last edited:
dude your good. The tech probally left the battery hooked up and had the doors open and the radio on when he changed it causing the battery to run low. The low voltage caused a burble in ECM. Unhooking it sets it back to the factory settings and forces to relearn certain values. Sometimes it will run funny at first but after a cruise around the block you should be fine. Keep an eye on it but you should be fine.

Parakeet

Back