• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tj d30 into a xj?

It will fit but its a LP D30.

Thanks for the link i have read it a few times but the Highlighted bit .. does that mean they solved the problem or not? basicly i have bought the axel setup below and am hoping it bolts into and works with the xj?

Non-disconnect, “Low Pinion” 30:

This axle made its debut, much to the chagrin of enthusiasts, in 2000. This axle uses geometry common to rear axles. The pinion rides below the ring gear centerline, and when used in a rear application, rides on the drive side of the gear. However, when used in a front application, the pinion rides on the coast side of the gear when driving forward. The coast side of a gear set has a greater slope to it than the drive side, so this accentuates our problem of ring gear deflection described above. When driving on the coast side of a gear, the ring and pinion is about 25% weaker than when running on the drive side. A reverse spiral gear as found in earlier XJ axles solved this problem by cutting the ring gear with the drive and coast side of the gear swapped. This design was conceived by Dana and Ford in the late 60’s to improve driveline angles and strength in their front axles. It does both well. In a sense, the 2000 and 2001 model axles are a de-evolution in technology. They do, however, all come with 297/760 joints

ITEM: Front D30 Super 30 setup,
Alloy USA axles, 4:56 ratio,
ARB locker, Warn lock out hubs
New wheel bearings and uni's, custom heavy duty high steer arm and tie rod New 80 series tie rod ends, spare long side axle and warn hub.

TO SUIT:TJ & other jeeps

Cheers Jon

actually scrap that ..

i could strip the new diff and put the lot into my existing xj dana 30 and just fit new ring and pinion? would the LP air locker work on the HP gearset?

Cheers
Jon

actually scrap that ..

i could strip the new diff and put the lot into my existing xj dana 30 and just fit new ring and pinion? would the LP air locker work on the HP gearset?

Cheers
Jon

Yep it should as long as the "carrier break" is the same.

The carrier break on a D-30 is; up to 3.55 is one carrier and over 3.73 is another. Not sure if that matters with the air locker though, check with the manufacturer about that.

Back