• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After tonights M&G...

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Would the northern guys want to have these more regularly? IE monthly or bi-monthly.

I would just like to know what the consensus is after tonight, since our last one was last march.

-Alex

Doesn't everyone? So after your 6 month hiatus are you actually back for the winter wheeling season? But I would like some serious feedback, I know this is tough for us though.:rof:

-Alex

Yeah serious fails me. So your running for president of naxja in 2012? I'll vote for ya :)

On a monthly meet, I'd show up just to make an ass out of myself.

I would agree that more frequent M&G's could be a good thing. May give others a chance to meet. My opinion would be bi-monthly, any more than that & you will have to offer free beer or something to get a decent turn out. Good job by the way. Had fun & was good to see some faces I have not seen for a while.
rick

Alex,
I would recommend quarterly M&G's. I suspect that this location worked out pretty good for a larger group of people (from B-town down to the Southend)?

Michael

Bi-monthly would be good, quarterly should be minimum IMO. Monthly is too frequent. I like the more central locations, given that we have folks from Ferndale to Enumclaw attending. Plus, anyone who wishes can throw together a more northernly or southernly meeting locale should they want to, but the mimimun quarterly one should be central.

Very good time last night, great group of folks.

I think more regular meetings are a good idea. I'm good with monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, whatever.

Maybe one suggestion. I don't want to be the guy who bitches about the location because I hate it when somebody cries about having to drive an hour once every month or two. I thought the Rock was a great place to have it and I personally don't mind making the drive from the south side every month or two. But, it might also be nice to alternate between the north and south side every other meeting.

Willy

I think more regular meetings are a good idea. I'm good with monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, whatever.

Maybe one suggestion. I don't want to be the guy who bitches about the location because I hate it when somebody cries about having to drive an hour once every month or two. I thought the Rock was a great place to have it and I personally don't mind making the drive from the south side every month or two. But, it might also be nice to alternate between the north and south side every other meeting.

Willy

Yeah, I would suggest this as the monthly or bi-monthly alternative, with a central location such as last night as the regular quarterly one. We actually did this years ago with BEST, split our meetings one month north, one month south. It ended up like being in two different clubs, as people would show to the one closest to them and not the other. Made it hard to discuss any actual business and planning, which we really don't do much of at the M&Gs, so maybe it's not an issue.

Doug

I'm liking the thought of a bi-monthly M&G. Good way to keep up with everyone and its a good excuse to have fun.

Thanks Rick for getting those doors guards off my hands and the little extra treat!!! :)

Keil

I'm down for every other month or something.

~Scott

We Should move them around the area because the people down south of you guys like in the Olympia and Vancouver areas aren't able to make it to these meet and greets and if it makes a difference there is a Rock Pizza in Olympia.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

-PJ-

Guys remember if you want them moved around you can plan one yourself and hold it wherever you would like. There are no set rules to where or when these can be held, anyone can throw one together at any time!

Serioulsy.

-Alex

Guys remember if you want them moved around you can plan one yourself and hold it wherever you would like. There are no set rules to where or when these can be held, anyone can throw one together at any time!

Serioulsy.

-Alex

Yep, you Oly guys should set one up local for yourselves. I would not come to one in Olympia, nor would I expect you to come to one in Bothell. Ask around (create a thread maybe) seeing if there's enough interest to do one in your area, then pick a date, time, and venue.

I mean really, if Alex can do it, anyone can.;)

Back