• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nov. 23rd Sunday - Shakedown at Reiter

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I spoke to a few about doing a shakedown at Reiter...so I'm going to throw this out there. All are welcome, but I want it to be known the "idea" for this shakedown run is to not run the harder runs...we'll stick to the basics like Sac up and powerlines. If you want to get together with a different group to run harder stuff though, so be it.

The goal: Make sure everything is working correctly before the TSF thanksgiving run, take my sister wheeling before she leaves for Kuwait, and get some basic wheeling experience in.
Time: Nov. 23rd, Probably around 10-11AM meeting time at main lower parking lot. (TBD officially later)
Rigs: Front and rear tow points, good tires, decent lift, recovery gear, all things YOU need to be prepared for possible trail repairs.

This sorta started as a way for Lyle (Bruno) and I to get out and run some trails for the first time with his rig, and for me to try out some new goodies, but I'd like to have another rig or two for the sake of recovery and what not. If your interested but not sure...post your rig specs and ask, please.

~Scott

ahh Lyle, you don't need to do those trails! You have Ryans Jeep! (From the unibody down:)) Put that locker to good use and run Rhinoland or something!:confused1:confused1

Keil

Bahahaha. I'll gladly show him the entrance and the exit to Rhinoland. :)

~Scott

Why dont you just come out this weekend? And what are the goodies your talking about?

My Jeeps front end is dropped, and I currently have no interior electrics as I blew a few fuseable links. Plus, I work Saturdays. My goodies consist of my new winch bumper, riddler d30 cover, hi-lift jack, hella 500s, hell e-code driving lights with PIAA bulbs, 1.75" spacers up front, C-rok inner plate, ZJ tierod/drag, new wiring harness, double insulated floor boards, possibly install the engine skid if it ends up working, extended brake lines F&R, BPEs front and rear (new bushings as well), and I might have my door guards on by then. :)

~Scott

Get her done and come out Saturday night. You can tell you parents your with me. :eek:

Get her done and come out Saturday night. You can tell you parents your with me. :eek:

Hah...that would be fun, but there's NO way. I'm barely half way done. Going to have to hammer out the work this weekend/next week.

~Scott

Yep, Im in. Not sure if I want to be running stuff like Rhinoland yet, Keil. Haha, I want to get some trail experience and sliders first ;)

-Lyle

You'll want more then just sliders first...you'll see what I mean when I show you the trail.

~Scott

Driver need balls also :scared:

I might be up for this, Depending on progress before then.

Bump for a good run. I'm looking for at least one more rig to join us!

~Scott

Count me in for sure!! This outta be a hoot! But with the short daylight hours you sure you want to start @ 10-11 am? Seems kinda late but either way I will be there.

Well we wont be doing a whole lot of runs. The plan is get our bearings on powerlines and then run sac up once, maybe twice if we have time/feel like it. I have new stuff I need to make sure works, Lyle hasn't done any trails in his rig yet and has limited armor, and my ZJ friend hasn't done many trails either. However I know I'll probably be up to run more trails afterwards if you want (conditions depending), good chance to try out my new Hellas and rock light. :)

So far going I have myself (31's, open/open, fully armored), Lyle (locked up front, 33's), a friend of mine in a ZJ (33's and winch), and now RRT it loooks like. I'm faily content with the people we have going but if someone else wants to join they're welcome, I'd like to keep it at 5 or less people.

Meeting at 10am for sure now.

~Scott

EDIT: Reminder, this will be a slow/easy run.

Last edited:
OOPs: double post.

I may have a couple of freinds show up in Yotas. They are running 33's or bigger, locked in both ends & 2 of them have winches. They were going to Reiter on Sunday anyway. One of them despises body damage :)dunno:) & the other 2 could care less about it. I still have lockers front / rear & running 35's.

I may have a couple of freinds show up in Yotas. They are running 33's or bigger, locked in both ends & 2 of them have winches. They were going to Reiter on Sunday anyway. One of them despises body damage :)dunno:) & the other 2 could care less about it. I still have lockers front / rear & running 35's.

Well then if we do meet up, you'll probably run ahead of us...and we'll let you guys take off. I don't believe any in my group can keep up with you guys. (the whole no lockers/ limited armor for some thing slows us down)

You are welcome to join us, but like I said we'll be much slower than you guys. (good to know someone will be there just incase. :))

~Scott

Well then if we do meet up, you'll probably run ahead of us...and we'll let you guys take off. I don't believe any in my group can keep up with you guys. (the whole no lockers/ limited armor for some thing slows us down)

You are welcome to join us, but like I said we'll be much slower than you guys. (good to know someone will be there just incase. :))

~Scott

Not at all...We will hang out / wheel / lend a helping as needed!

Not at all...We will hang out / wheel / lend a helping as needed!

Whatever works! See ya there! :clap:

~Scott

Back