• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Help

xjchris98

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I need some help here. This doenst exactly pertain to Cherokees, but hopeuflly someone will be able to help. A kid I go to school with up here in Erie has a 95 YJ with the 2.5L (auto). He blew his water pump on the way up to school, therefore causing the motor to overheat. We did a water pump, but after that, it ran like crap once we got if started up again. We got to thinking he may have blown his headgasket, so when we went to replace that, we found a bigger problem....hes got a hole about the size of a quater in his #2 cylinder.

So heres the problem. We found a donor motor from a 86 Cherokee (2.5L 5speed). Everything seems like it will bolt on except for the crankshaft damper pulley. The crank on the older motor (which was v-drive) is about 1-2cm longer than the blown motors crankshaft. The pulley from the new motor bolts right on, but sticks to far out from the block to align up with the rest of the other pulleys. So, my question is, does anyone know if they make a different pulley for this situation or a spacer to 'fill the gap'? If not, then does anyone have a good running 2.5L laying around and live in or around Erie, Pa or Pittsburgh, Pa? Any help or suggestions are greatly apprecited, and as always thanks in advance!

Back