• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A grand down the Drain

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
was cruising out to beaverton to replace my Fuel pump in the xj...
Pulled up behind a Bmw on the offramp. stopped at a red light. and before i know it, i smash into the bmw pushing him into the intersection..

Turns out.. this little "Senorita" forgot witch pedel to push... she was on a learners permit.. and Queen Senorita was on the phone:skull1:

The grand Is totaled, the frame is tweeked all the way up to the A piller on the drivers side. rear door has 1" gap on top when shut.

92408002.jpg

92408003.jpg

92408006-1.jpg

92408004-2.jpg

92408001.jpg

she got the ticket..:thumbup:
92408007-1.jpg

And then, the owner of the Expedtion "Uncle" showed up to fix it enough to drive home.

92408005-1.jpg

dude that sucks.

was she hot?

i'll pass on that. did she have insurance?

Good Golly, bad week to be driving. Somebody rear-ended one of my coworkers this afternoon too.
EVERYBODY SLOW DOWN!

Besides being on the phone and confusing the pedals, it seems that people randomly forget how to drive when a little rain falls, granted it seldomly rains in the PNW...;)

Im guessing the silver F-150 with flames was the uncles? :D

-Lyle

You may have different damage than I did, but mine looks worse. It cost me about $1500 to have it fixed.

jeep-crunch1.jpg

jeep-crunch2.jpg

detoursusa_bumper1.jpg

I Tried to get a quote from a very reputable shop around here, they said it wasnt worth it, the unibody is very damaged and you can tell visually all along the drivers side.

Yes, the truck is the uncles.. he owns the expedition aswell.. and he DOES have insurance.. (woow!!)

hahaha....

Yeah! i would love to, but bluebook is around $3500 and i just financed it a few months back for $3500 so i am sure after insurance payoff i wont be able to buy it back.

the V8 still runs like a champ! drives straight too!

That sucks man, the same thing just happened to my girlfriend. Not a good or fun situation for anyone. Have fun dealing with the insurance, they will probably offer you a insane low amount for the Grand. Any back or neck injuries?

That sucks man, the same thing just happened to my girlfriend. Not a good or fun situation for anyone. Have fun dealing with the insurance, they will probably offer you a insane low amount for the Grand. Any back or neck injuries?
No injuries, The insurance company is for sure totaling it out. the adjuster is playin circles tho. I have the Purchase order right here on my desk showing i paid $3995 exactly 3 months ago today. im fighting for my 4grand.

If it ends up that you can get it back or get a part off of it, let me know.

I have the same black limited ZJ (mine is a 93) and I had a tire blowout and mess up the drivers front fender. If you can, and are willing to, I will pay you to ship that fender to me, in the event that it wont cost toooooo much (fender+ shipping). I cannot find a straight black fender anywhere and I have been without for about a month.

Please let me know. thanks

--Alex

if i buy it back, then we might be able to work out a deal. im already thinkin ZJ steering/alternator for my xj..

A learner permit, on the phone. UGH. Was she driving with someone? What responsible person lets someone with a permit talk on the phone while driving? My parents wouldn't let me take one hand off the wheel for cryin out loud.

Back