• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 - 92 Rear wiper Motor

river6822

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any idea if I can take the rear wiper and motor off of an 88 and put it on a 92, that did not have one installed from the factory? I don't really care if the washer portion works, but I definitely need a wiper for the winter.

The 92 hatch has a black plastic cap where the wiper shaft would be poking through.

Is the wiring already in the hatch and the dash, or am I looking at a real modification here?

Thanks

The motor will fit. I don't know if the wiring is present or not. I replaced the motor is my 96 with one from a 97, but to do that you need the spacers from an older one. The newer spacers don't conform to the hatch. JIM.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't keep that rear window clean in the winter. I'll get about 1/4" of road grime built up all over the rear end. Not good when you need to keep it clean to plow driveways!

I'll have to get into it when the rain stops here. Hopefully I'll post some successful results.

I put an 89 motor in my 92, it did not come with wire harness. Just pulled the harness through with a wire hanger. Got the harness out of the same 89 parts car I had. Then just plug in the switch in the dash, that harness is there. Later on I replaced it with a 93 motor that has intermit . All you need for the washer to work is the hose from the gate going across from the pass side to the driver side rear panel and a washer tank w/two pumps. Every thing else is there behind the panel and the washer tank has the 2nd plug under the hood for the rear washer. The wiper harness plug is behind the panel too and the waser hose runs to the front (under the hood).

Back