• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUPER SWAMPER BOGGER OR LTB?

joeyschribar

NAXJA Forum User
i can get a killer deal on both, just wondering what you guys prefer.

the ltb to me looks like a better all around performer, and the lugs are actually deeper then the bogger.

Let me know what you pro's think i should go with, CHEERS!

boggers are the best in deep mud. but, they suck for steering. and suck for on road. thier laterial stability sucks.

ltbs are better for the front....laterial stability is there...so you can turn, or better yet, not slide off sideways!

so, if it's hardcore....do boggers in back, ltb's up front. i do love interco tires....TSL's for me tho...

Thanksfor the replys
the type of wheelin i do is hardly any rocks or hardpacked areas,
mostly mud, loose dirt, etc. I live up north in Edmonton, alberta, canada and we also get a lot of snow, so i want something that ill be able to plow thru yet turn and hold a sidehill also.

I dont care about the on road manners at all, im just looking at pure offroad performance, and i never thought to put a bogger on the rear and an LTB on the front.
To me, that would be the best of both worlds, but the problem is, is that i have to buy them as a complete set to get the deal.
If im in an offcamber trail with snow on it, i think that a bogger would just like to slide sideways and i will pretty much be unable to have much control, anyone have much expierence with boggers on snow?

If you aren't concerned with on road manners, then the Ltb may be for you. Might I recommend the TrXus, those are very good off road and one of the best mud tires you can get in the snow.

get a buddy and buy both sets, you both take 2 of each and everyone is happy, if you werent in canada id be down for a deal like that

i was thinking about the trxus at one time, but in the end i think that it will only excel on good ON-highway snow conditions.
Like packed down highways, i need a good m/t and i just cant get the LTB out of my head, i was surprised at how awesome it looked!

ltbs...boggers imo need to be spun fast to function to their potential...and a cherokee isnt going to be able to spin them that fast...had ltbs for a while and really liked them, just stepped it up to 36s, wish they made more sizes in the ltb

If it were me Id go with LTBs and sipe them to suit my needs.

If your looking at used tires check the DOT # and make sure they are not too old.

LTBs in a walk. Boggers are best suited to fullsize rigs with ample power that like to play almost exclusively in mud pits. They're hard on running gear because they hook up violently, hard to get spinning without big power, don't hook-up smoothly since they bite-and-release on rocky or mixed terrain, suck right out loud on the street, suck horse nuts in any sort of sidehill scenario. Boggers can be made to perform better with a grooving iron, but that only alleviates the sidehill issue.

Go with the LTBs, you'll be happy.

If it were me Id go with LTBs and sipe them to suit my needs.

i have a set of LTB's and they're worn to about 75% but i i still plan on cutting off things like wear bars. who needs those anyway? but seriously, you can get a lot more tread depth out of LTB's if you cut stuff out with a tire iron. i don't know that i'd sipe them much though.

i wouldn't get boggers simply for the lack of lateral stability

i had a set of boggers and they worked excellently in mud and snow. never got stuck with them once and no they don't have to be spun fast in order to work great. i would have ordered another set for mine if it wasn't my DD and i got better gas mileage

wow thanks for the replys, also thanks on the note of how old the tire is as well, but they are brand new never mounted.
i have decided on LTB's, im picking them up tomorrow, now do you guys recommend bead balancing or just try and gett them balanced as best as a tire shop can

I absolutely LOVE my 35x12.50 LTBs. But they're a bitch to balance. If it's really an off-road only rig, safe yourself the headache and don't bother. The balance will change anyway as those big ol' nasty lugs wear unevenly.

wow thanks for the replys, also thanks on the note of how old the tire is as well, but they are brand new never mounted.
i have decided on LTB's, im picking them up tomorrow, now do you guys recommend bead balancing or just try and gett them balanced as best as a tire shop can

you'll never get them good using weights on a rim. put airsoft in them and call it a day. i don't remember what the standard is. i know i had bookmarked a chart at one point...

Back