• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another death wobble question

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I bent my steering all up a few weeks ago, went and decided to replace it with an inverted T design and upon the test drive, I had DW like it was crazy. I relocated the track bar so that the angles were exactally the same and I didn't mess with any thing else. Before I didn't have DW, so I'm not so sure what would be causing it now. It was so violent, it tore my track bar mount off of the passanger coil spring bucket, tore the passanger side spring bucket in half, bent my lower control arm mounts and lord knows what else. I haven't had time to get back at it, but does anyone have any thoughts on the issue.

So far, I know it is not...
-drag link/track bar angles (track bar was about 5" shorter, so I was expecting bump steer, but not DW)
-alignment is 1/8" closer in the front than the rear
-its a under the knuckle tie rod, over the knuckle drag link...don't know if that matters.
-all the joints and bushings were good

I can't think of any reason why I had DW so violent. It happened around 45 mph and the brakes didn't do crap when I applied them. We just had to ride it to the curb. It just tore itself appart. Guess I'm looking for a new axle now.....anyone have a Waggy d44 for sale?!

Back