• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel problems

cmichaud84

NAXJA Forum User
i've been having this fuel delivery problem for awhile now. whenever i turn right when i'm at a quarter of a tank or less my jeep falls on its face. then this weekend i was out on a trail and went to go up a hill, throttled it, and it died out completely, cycled the key a few times to get fuel pressure up and nothing, it took a min to start it again. this happened twice in about an hour. i replaced my pump about a year ago. but its starting to hum louder.

What year and engine do you have? Always important information to include in your posts. Fuel delivery systems vary quite a bit with the different years/engines, etc What kind of fuel pump did you install a year ago? Was it installed because of symptoms similar to what you are having now? There has been a lot of trouble with some of the low end non OEM style not holding up well. Killing when turning is most frequently related to a fuel pickup type of problem inside the tank; not always but including the pump.

93 cherokee 4.0l, renix, i changed the pump last year cause it completely stopped working. yeah it was a cheap non oem pump from checkers. i just changed out pump last year nothing else.

93 cherokee 4.0l, renix, i changed the pump last year cause it completely stopped working. yeah it was a cheap non oem pump from checkers. i just changed out pump last year nothing else.
If it is a 93 it is not a Renix , unless somebody put a Renix motor in it . As for your problem , I would say fuel pump , or the pick up hose popped off .

did you replace the strainer when you did the pump????and ive noticed with the cold weather coming my pump seems to run loud at startup for app.5 sec then is silent and its brand new

Back