• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 Lift Question

Cody90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my lift story is a little odd so I'll try to explain a little. I bought a 4.5" lift from R.C. to put on my '90 XJ. That XJ turned out to be a POS and I got a good deal on a '00 that is very clean and solid. In the mean time I got another good deal on a set of 35's complete with rims and all. I want to put this together better on the '00 than the '90 so I have added drop brackets and adjustable upper control arms from Rocky Road Outfitters. I also have longer shackles and coil spring spacers to help fit the 35's.

What I need some guidence on is the pinion angle for the rear end. The leaf spring came with a wedge to help position the axle but, it doesn't seem like that will be enough for the added lift and the larger tires. Anyone have some experience here that they could share? Do I need new lower control arms? All of this is sitting in boxes in the garage at the moment so now would be a good time for me to make changes. Any other advise for me?

Thanks,

Cody

Talk to Jason at R.C he is GRIMUS99XJ on here, he will fix you up with some different wedges if you don't want to go with an sye right away. That is what I am running on my '00 with a tcase drop and I have no vibes.

Those wedges are called shims. If you search around for "measuring pinion angle". You will have success.

"Those wedges are called shims. If you search around for "measuring pinion angle". You will have success."

Thanks, had a brain fart when I was typing out the post.

I want to stay away from the T-case drop if possible but, it seems like it is enveitable. I have an extra front drive shaft that I could use. I just need the part to bolt on to my T-case output shaft.

Last edited:
Back