• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Only get heater on the floor. Its Cold!!!

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
So today I jump in my XJ and go to switch the defroster on. NO DEFROSTER!!! argh. So I go to the middle vents. NOPE. Only the floor works. I can hear it try to switch to the vents and defroster, and it just sounds like its blowing air against a wall. Anyone got ideas?

THANKS

Last edited:
vaccum issue? I am not too terribly familiar with the switch but IIRC it is all vaccum. have you looked into a manual for the diagram?

vaccum issue? I am not too terribly familiar with the switch but IIRC it is all vaccum. have you looked into a manual for the diagram?
Yeah, its all vaccum. I just dont understand why it will switch it like halfway, then it seems like it gets stuck. And my cruise is still fine.

I had that last winter for a bit. Cruise worked fine as well. I eventually found the leak though.

ok if you need some materials to assist you I have a copy of the manual hit me up in PM. If you have the FSM turn to page 692 it has schematics for all your different stages.

Back