• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil differences?

I have 2 sets of coils for my comanche. 1 set is going to have 1.333 coil wraps cut off for a 1.5in drop. I have the stock 1989 coils that are on it. And I have a set from a 2001 cherokee. I kinda figured the 2001s would ride better, but I do not know if there was a difference in spring rate from a 4cyl MJ to a L6 XJ12 years newer.

anyone got anything on this?

I think the springs are the same, never heard anything about it. Thought you'd think that the spring rates would be different considering the I4 to be lighter than the I6. Unless the difference in weight is minute, I'm not sure. I'd stick the 01 coils in anyway since they are newer. Why are you dropping the Comanche?

why not, get better mileage, better handling, and I think they look pretty cool with a bit of a drop. It is just being turned into a good daily driver. I changed the door seals out with those from a 2000 so they seal nice and tight. I will be redoing to floor and adding some sound proofing there. I am going to put a little insulation in the doors as well. Power windows and door locks, good set of road tires. I am cleaning up the 10 holes this week, then painting the centers gloss black. Already have a good radio and speakers. Basically I am doing all the small stuff i need to do for it to be a great little DD that looks good, and that the wife won't mind riding in.

I realized when I got it, that if I try to build both it and my cherokee, the will both make it to medium height with medium mods. But if the comanche gets set up as a DD, I can spend more money on the cherokee.

Back