• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift ideas to shoot down

don't get those spacers. if possible you want to stay away from spacers as much as possible but if you have to go with the smallest size. i think F250 coils give more than 1" but not sure on that one.

I'd just find a set of used 3" coils. I bought the Teraflex coils in the front of my XJ used for $80 shipped off of a forum. Also, the ones in my Jeep are 3.5" TJ coils, so I've got a little more lift, but they work good with my SS (super short) bastard packs and 1.75" shackle. It averages out to ~3". If you've already got the ZJ coils, sell them for money to put twards an aftermarket set.

When it comes to suspensions, you truthfully get what you pay for...

I would suggest saving your coin and going to a real suspension lift when you have the money.

my .02

they aren't that bad! It is always better to get a lift with new coils but spacers work fine. Keep the stock isolator on top of the coil spacers to get the full amount of lift out of them. If you go with a BB you don't have to get a SYE and DS(500-600 bucks), don't have to get a new track bar, cut a little and you can run 31's no problem. Rustys has 2 inch coils for a decent price i do believe. You may need a t-case drop but those can be made for cheap

Not likely at all.
umm.... mine has small vibes around 40 nothing horrible but you can tell its there. So therefore there is a chance for vibes :D

Yea I vibed on a BB on my '99. My '95 is sitting at about 5" of lift without any vibes at all. I love the older T-case output.

as I stated not LIKELY. "Likely" being the keyword there sport.

Never did I state that the OP would absolutely have NO vibrations.

That being reiterated, my statement indirectly implied there was a "chance for vibes"...

One more question.. I'm not considering leaf blocks.. because my leaf springs are form 1987 with 260k miles on them and they need to be replaced.. but.. I see all over this forum people bashing lift blocks.. and talking about what a bad idea they are ect.

What I don't understand is.. how does the jeep knows the difference? If the lift block is the same dimension as the plate on top of the axle that it was sitting on originally, how does it even "know" it is on a lift block?

Do not block old leaf packs... they will break. The leaf does not think but it will break at certain stress points.

ZJ coils will give more than 1" when combined with another coil isolator.

Save up and get a "real" lift if you like but you can build your own for now if you like it.

Back