• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar link hitting coils

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I just got done installing my t&t y-link, RE 5.5 coils, and 2" spacers.

Now my swaybar discos hit the coils. I just took it off for now, but it's a DD so I want it back on. So how do I fix it. I tried to lower the swaybar mounts using stacks of washers to see if that would fix it but no luck.
Anyone else had this problem.

re sells a sway bar drop bracket thats like 30 bucks that moves it down about 1 1/2'' and forward about 1''. That would fix it. Its about 30 bucks. Either that or get longer links.

I have the RE drop brackets. they make the sway bar real easy to nail offroading. I'm either going to move my sway bar forward, and reinforce the uni-frame.....or cut and reweld the drop brackets to just be a move forward more than a drop.

I was going to just get longer links but that doesn't look like it would work either. I guess I'll try the RE brackets

Sounds like your wheelbase is set correctly!

Yeh that was my mistake I measured and adjusted the WB back to stock. Oh well if this is the only problem I have with the kit I'll be tickled pink. Although at full articulation the front drive shaft hits the bellypan reducing my flex on that side by about 4". I measured for shocks and I'll need 34" at full extetion and only 14 at close. Does anyone make a shock with that much travel or am I going to have to do something else?

Most lifts don't keep the stock wheel base as you go up the front axle comes back. So with this radius arm kit set correctly you can adjust the wb however you want.

Yeah, i measured where my axle was before the lift, and put it back there with the adjustable arms when done (maybe a LITTLE forward), and now my sway bar rubs occasionally. Oh well. More to play with.

For your swaybar problem you'll need to move it forward and get longer links, for your shock problem you need to get some limit straps to stop the axle depending on what length shocks you want to run.

Ya I know I can get limit straps but I want to get as long a shock as I can. Does anyone make one with that much travel that isn't a coilover.

i don't think so, only because if you think of it, with a shock that has a compressed length of 14", the shaft length can not be any longer than 14", in fact it's less. so, 14+14 would equal 28" extended...unless i'm missing something?

I made sway bar drop brackets from 5" of 1X2" heavy box tubing that moved my bar 2" forward & 1" down. It works great for 3 1/2" of lift. If I go any higher I'll use longer links.

RE9921 comes with the re 5.5" kit, moves the swaybar forward and down. Your end links need to be adjusted appropriately. MSRP according to RE is 29 bucks, cheaper to buy than spend the time getting materials and making it.

Yup ordered the RE one today. I'll get longer links if need be. Thanks all.

Back