• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

emergency help w headlights

f-a-t-b-o-y

NAXJA Forum User
1993 4.0 aw4 so i'm at work and go to get food and my headlights/blinkers stop working. all rear lights work. on my instrument cluster the brights icon is lit as well as both turn arrows, but they are not working. tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights and both rear blinkers work fine. the front does not. if anyone has ideas for me to sort this out when i'm off work so i get home w no ticket please chime in. i huge thanks in advance.

did you check to make sure the fuses arent blown?

when u pull the lid to the fuse box, should be on the inside, labelled. thats the way it is on my 89 i think.

The only thing that all of the front lights have in common is that they are on a single wiring harness that connects under the airbox. I'm going to guess that has either popped loose or gotten destroyed. You'll probably need to pull the header panel out to get to the connector, but you might be able to reach it by removing the airbox.

Before you do that though, check the fuses in the PDC behind the battery. The owners manual will tell you what is what.

I'll second the opinion about the wire harness connector located below the air filter box.
I had similar problems.
I pulled the connector apart and green dust fell out, not to mention two wires fell off the pins.
I cleaned the connector out and reconnected the broken wires directly (bypass the connector) and now I have lights.

Back