• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog's or M.O.R.E.'s motor mounts?? Poly or rubber????

helliphinon8

NAXJA Forum User
Which is better?? I wheel the crap out of the heep almost every weekend, plus it's my DD for the time being. I just wanna know which is the strongest without causing a lot of extra vibration and noise. Any suggestions????

I suggest you pick "vibration" or "durability" and go with "rubber" or "poly" accordingly.
Poly = strong, lasts forever, transmits vibes more
Rubber = pretty strong, doesn't last as long, better vibe isolation.
But then, you already knew this...
FWIW, my old man runs poly mounts on his hotrod 72 'vette, swears by them - and I don't notice any vibes at idle all the way to warp speed... but his experience may be unusual

I have MORE's
I noticed vibes for about a week. Than I couldn't tell if it was the mounts or just the Jeep being normal. Lift, large tires, control arm angles... I have gotten used to a few vibes.
The mounts were worth it, as my stocks were in a sad state.

Some people will say that you will absolutely positively feel no vibes with poly. Don't listen to them. :) Every vehicle is going to be different.

For me, poly motor mounts made my Jeep vibrate ridiculously. My rear view mirror was vibrating so much, I couldn't see through it.

But I know that a lot of people are running poly mounts with no issues.

So you can buy some poly mounts and run them. If they work for you, great. If not, sell them and get some rubber ones, either MORE or Brown Dog. That's what I did.

i recieved my brown dog mount a week ago, fwiw u wiwll not find a better built mount imo, i weld and fabricat coal mining wuipment and these mounts extremely well built, if u still cant decide, call brown dog and talk to them it is a usband and wife owners and super cool, helped a lot to hwlp me get rid of my vibes from driveshaft angle hth

JKS makes a 1" spacer that mounts under the stock motor mount so it feels like stock which = 0 vibration. I had the Brown Dog rubber mounts on my GF's TJ for about a week and it felt like the thing was going to fall apart. It was horrible then I went with JKS ones and it's like night and day. Good luck.

I run the Currie HD mounts and they work great. I feel no vibes form them whatso ever.

Id go with the Stock Height Brown Dog or Currie mounts IMO.

Running the brown dogs, little more vibes, but I'll live with it since I don't have to replace a motor mount every month. Oh, mine are the poly ones because I'm a cheap bastard.

I suggest you pick "vibration" or "durability" and go with "rubber" or "poly" accordingly.
Poly = strong, lasts forever, transmits vibes more
Rubber = pretty strong, doesn't last as long, better vibe isolation.
But then, you already knew this...
FWIW, my old man runs poly mounts on his hotrod 72 'vette, swears by them - and I don't notice any vibes at idle all the way to warp speed... but his experience may be unusual

vettes are body on frame with body mounts to absorb a little, jeeps are unibody there for vibes get transfered throught the entire body

but as for the mounts i just installed M.O.R.E bombproofs a month ago and they vibed bad for a week then smoothed out now majority of the noises i had have disappeared and my throttle seems crisper and they were real easy to install

IMO it was easier to remove the block brackets with the mount and do the swap then re-install

I'm not sure I'll use poly mounts for either my XJ or ZJ. We built some modified stock mounts for our Ranger with a 4 banger and man, the vibes are much worse than we ever expected. But the again we won't be replacing these mounts every other year like the stockers...
warthog0005.jpg

Hogmounts029.jpg

brown dogs coustomer service is awsome !! hes put up with my repeted calls and has answer all of my questions and responded to my emails very quickly ! oh yea thoes mount are hella beafy !

I about to get the Brown Dog Poly. My stocks are thrashed. The motor slid almost 1inch foward, OOPS! I was just driving around town when it happened LOL.

I am running Brown Dog poly motor mounts/Daystar poly trans mount and I have almost no vibes!! I am very happy with mine and they are very well made!!

well tbh my vibes are all at idle and only annoying because the passenger door vibrates at just that frequency. it's not uncomfortable and there's no trouble when I'm moving, just that there is a little more vibration than stock

Back