• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"fuel pump" running with ignition off

xplorer7234

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 90 xj 4.0 and everything was running fine until i went and got an emissions test and failed pretty bad so i immediatly went and chaged the spark plugs wires, fuel filter air filter oil, and oil filter and then i took off the air hose to the filter and removed and cleaned the carberator, then everything went to shit. when i hook up my battery with the key out of the ignition and at off, i heard this kind of humming under my truck starting at the back and a few seconds later sounded like something pressurized in the engine compartment i crawled under and it sounded like it was coming from the fuel tank so i pulled every relay i could find hopping it would turn it off and no it still contiued, it will start but it sound like its missing and its running really rough and i know all the spark plugs and wires are firmliy seated and in place, i think i was reading somewhere about adjusting something on the carb after u clean but idk what or where any hel would be appreciated thank you

you have a 90 xj thats carbureted??
ive never heard of that.....

Back