• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Turn signal relay

TRAILREADYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me where the turn signal relay is on an 89 Comanche?

Thanks, but that's the flashers, I was looking for a relay... However after looking at my XJ FSM, I was looking for the wrong thing anyway. What I originally saw in the book was a couple turn signal relays, located in the left rear quarter panel. I was wondering where these were on an MJ, but it turns out I was looking at the trailer harness, not the vehicle harness (yes, I had a few by then! :cheers: ).
The whole reason is because my turn signals don't work at all. Hazards are fine. I have checked and replaced the bulbs and sockets. The switch still works, if you hold the brake and hit the switch, the corrosponding brakelight turns off. And I have replaced the flasher with a known good unit. I didn't have a whole lot of time to mess with it yet (just got the MJ yesterday), but I have a feeling there's no power at the fusebox.

It's alright, I'm going to drive it to work today to fix them. I do 12V diagnostic, repair and installation for a living, I just don't have a MJ FSM handy, and wondered if anyone knew where the relay was real quick so I didn't have to hunt for it... evidently, it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Correct - there is no relay for the turn signals on the vehicle proper, just for the trailer tow harness (same on XJ, AFAIK.)

I may have an electronic version of the wiring diagrams on a hard drive somewhere, or have them on my RENIXPower group - you may want to check there. If no dice, I should have a 1989 or 1990 electrical FSM handy (same thing either way,) and I can take a picture of the relevant pages for you if you need me to.

Thanks 5-90, I was able to get them working. As I suspected, there was no power at the fuse, so for now I just jumped it to another ign source, fused of course.

Back