• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need

A-man930

NAXJA Forum User
Not 100% sure this belongs in the OEM section... move it if need be.

I'm in the final preparation stages of putting a '95 4.0 H.O. in my '90 MJ, originally equipped with the Renix system. I got ahold of a '91 harness pirated from an MJ equipped with an AX-15... a good starting point.

However there still appears to be some discrepancies:

-I have pinout diagrams for both the '90 and '91 bulkhead connectors. But to retain my stock dash harness I'm evidently going to have to either modify the '91, or retrofit the '90 connector onto the '91 harness. I will be needing advice on this, more specifics as I get to it.

-The passenger side of the engine seems to have a bunch of loose ends, as in plugs on the harness side that don't appear to have a home and vice-versa... I'm going to need pictures to help clear that up. I'll post some pics I've taken asap.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Alan

When I bought my 87, the previous owner had put in the 4.0L out of a 93, and there are unused connectors all over the place. So not everything is going to match up 100% and you might have to get creative with it.

Not sure this helps but its a bump for ya either way :dunno:

I was thinking I could maybe retain all the accessories (lights, etc.) of the old harness and use the H.O. to run the engine. I know hot-roders do this all the time retrofitting late model EFI powertrains into old platforms. I can't think of any problems except the fuel pump stuff, the AC clutch, and making sure that power's getting to both...

anyone see any other problems???

Back