• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

magnaflow exhaustsystems

i had the catback setup on my 2001 4.0 with 5spd tranny. it sounded really good, deep throaty, especially between 2000-3000 rpm. i highly recommend it. i thought the sound/loudness was in great balance

jeepmay2001--3-1.jpg

sorry thats the only pic i have of mine

i currently have one on my 98 with the cat punched out and my friend has on on his 96 with the cat intact both are 5 speeds

his has a nice sporty performance tone to it mine has more of a raspy agressive tone they both sound great and look great the difference in sound with and with out the cat is very noticeable

i installed both my system and my friends it's a very stright forward swap and uses stock hangers make sure u use the stock tail pipe hanger or the tip will rattle off your bumper at idle and it gets annoying

and save your slef the stress and don't use those u-bolt clamps get the stainless band clamps from a&a for ten buck a peice there worth it

I have a Borla header&cat-back w/ the magnaflow cat and love it. Magnaflow would be my next go-to for a cat-back(Clifford for the header). Very good quality and good sound--worth the 2-3X $ over other systems(get the dynomax if you plan on bangin it up). My brother had a 240sx with the magnaflow resonator and muffler and it sounded(and looked) better than 95% of the imports out there.

Care to expand. Did you change anything else besides just a muffler or what?

ok I have a 96 XJ 4DR sport 4.0l with 32" Mickey Thompson Baja Radials
298,000 km's on the meter a K&N FPIK kit, Edelbrock shorty ti-coated header and a 2.5" pipe running from the collector to the Magnaflow muffler - NO CAT, with 3.5" tip...

it is louder/throatier and sounds infinitively better... when the manifold broke in 2 places I could barely get it home with out the neighbors wanting to beat me... the old cat packed it in as the previous owner had one installed... but it was the wrong part... so it was temporarily straight piped to the muffler... way to loud in the shitty trashy way... sounded like shite.
I knew I was going to have to replace the exhaust system but not the manifold... I guess the whole thing was about to crater unknown to me at the time...anyhow I hope that answes your question.

Back