• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spare tire roof lock?

YeaItsSlo

NAXJA Forum User
looking to get some sort of roof mounted spare tire holder.. i like the racks but dont know if any of them come with a spre tire lock.. i live in the city so stuff gets stolen often and i dont feel like having my tire jacked off my roof. what are some options?

rockratz.com has a spare tire holder if you dont wan't to drop all the loot on a rack just to get a tire carrier... u can get it in a gutter or roof rack mount all u need is a pad lock for it... other wise for something like a 400 dollar rack with a 70 dollar tire carrier and 50 dollar brackets to hold that rack on...

Get a bicycle cable lock,thats what I did.
thule-538-cable-lock-240.gif

bowhunter ya beat me to the punch;), thats what i use and a tie down!!! save money:D

a bike lock is definetly the way to go!

if the mount with lug nuts you could use a locking lug nut, thats what i use on mine and mines on the back

Yakima makes very good gear baskets, although they could stand to improve on the rubber gasket pieces where the basket sits on the roof bars. I've had a Megawarrior for 2 years and I love it. I have the spare tire mount(lockable) they make and it works very well and keeps the tire very secure. It can be a pain in the ass to get on sometimes though.

Back