• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 235's on 8 inch wheels?

Leica99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of 235/75/15 Bridgestone A/T's a few weeks ago, and rather than mount them on the stock wheels I decided to order some Cragar Soft 8's and opted for the 8" wide.

Now that I have them, they seem REALLY wide, and look like they are going to stretch out the tires quite a bit. Am I silly for thinking about sending them back for 7"? What sucks is if I do, I'll have to pay for shipping. :(

they will work, just look funny as you said. if you go wheeling be careful with airing down too much though. now youll be ready to get bigger tires

it looks FUNNY. i didn't believe the guy at discount tire, so he mounted one for me-it was bad. i put the new tires on the stock wheels.
I'm running 235/75/15 on 8" wheels, lasy w2inter and this winter, just a little googy looking

now youll be ready to get bigger tires

Heh, that's what one of my buddies said. But I planned on keeping these tires for awhile since they have really good tread wear, and don't plan on buying new ones any time soon.

I thought about sending the tires back, but I don't want to pay for shipping TWICE. The wheels had free shipping, so it would make more sense to send those back. And I don't think I can get my money back either (Summit Racing) I'll probably get credit and have to get the 7".

Also, I chose 4" BS over 4.5" and I'm thinking that will screw me too and end up rubbing. :( :(

Remember, lowriders have been stretching 195 & 205 tires on 8" rims for 20 years with no serious problems[except for looking stupid]. It can roll the bead off the rim if you corner hard though. Using the stock rims was a smart move in my opinion. 235s look good on stockers. You shouldn't rub with 4"bs either.

Remember, lowriders have been stretching 195 & 205 tires on 8" rims for 20 years with no serious problems[except for looking stupid].

Exactly, I don't want it to look stupid, I spent a lot of money on new tires and wheels. I started to get worried after I ordered the wheels when I saw my buddies XJ with 30's on 8" and even those looked too streched out to me. I tried to change the order, but Summit said it was already on the truck, too late. I'm just hoping I won't get raped on shipping charges.

ive ran 235s on 8" wheels. for about a year or so.

100_0919-2.jpg

stuff154.jpg

235/75/15 maxxis bighorns and a 3" lift.

What's the BS? Thanks for the pics, that doesn't look bad at all and gives me hope. :)

I called Summit and asked to speak to a supervisor about my issue, telling them it's pretty screwed up that I have to pay full price shipping for four HEAVY (29 Lbs a piece) steel wheels. It comes out to almost a hundred bucks to ship wheels that are worth $180.

I thought about having ONE wheel mounted to see how it looks, but there are big stickers on the boxes saying IF YOU MOUNT THEM YOU OWN THEM. But after talking to the manager at Summit (who was really cool BTW) he agreed to let me mount one wheel to see how it looks, and if I'm not happy with it they'll work something out for the shipping since they get a HUGE break through UPS.

So I'm going to have one mounted today. If it works out and I like it I'll post some pics.

Back