• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84 waggy- bleeding the clutch

Big_JermsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '84 XJ wagoneer out at the deer lease. When i got out there this past weekend the clutch wasn't engaging right, infact barely engaging at all. I checked the fluid and it was dry, filled it up and it was a little better. I figure I need to bleed the clutch to fix the problem.

I have bleed the clutch on my 96 with the AX-15 but the waggy is a whole other animal. I was looking at the slave cylinder, which i am assuming is where I would bleed it. There is a nut attached to the slave cylinder housing but under the actual cylinder, can i bleed the fuid from there or do i need to take off the hard line that hits the top of the slave cylinder?

thanks,
-jeremy

so you cant find a bleeder fitting any where on the system? on my 89, there is a supply line to the slave and another line with a bleeder at the end. i wouldnt rmove the bolt on bottom because you need to bleed a system from the top. is the top line a return or feed line? got a picture?

are you sure there isnt a leak anywhere, why was the system dry?

There is one line running to the top of the slave, the supply. I have not seen another line, infact i've only ever seen one line running to any slave cylinder, the 84 and the 96. I know i could just disconnect that line and bleed it from there, but its on top of the slave, it dosen't come in from the back like the one on the AX-15 does. Its just gonna be a tight fit to reach it, thats why i was hoping that bolt under the slave was some sort of bleeder.

I'm sure there is a leak somewhere but it's been out there for 5 years with ZERO maintenence, were pretty much just slaping bandaids on any problems we run into. I was just planning on bleeding it, topping it off and checking it regularly. But none of the fluid drained over the course of the weekend. so i dunno???

Back