• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant Gauge

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i think this has been answered on here but i couldn't find it. i have a coolant gauge that i bought when i had the dummy lights but now i have the full gauge cluster and just want to use this gauge for the hell of it. where should i put it so it works along with the old one? i heard that it has to be in metal because the threads need to be grounded but is that true or can i just put it in one of the radiator hoses?

This what your looking for?

100_1585A.jpg

That's a mechanical gauge- you should be able to mount that sender wherever- shouldn't need to be "grounded" since it isn't an electrical sender. As long as it's somewhere the coolant flows, it should be okay, I think.

that still doesn't explain whether i have to ground the sensor or not. all i want to do is cut out a hole in one of my hoses, put the sensor in there and seal the edges. can i do this?

that still doesn't explain whether i have to ground the sensor or not. all i want to do is cut out a hole in one of my hoses, put the sensor in there and seal the edges. can i do this?
If its a mechanical gauge then no ground is required at the sender.And NO you cant just put a hole in the hose!:wow:

The sender screws into a threaded adapter. The adapter screws into the T, and there are barbed hose fittings with threaded ends that screw into the other two legs of the T.

The directions to install the gauge are on that webpage you linked to- it tells you how to install the thing.

The sender screws into a threaded adapter. The adapter screws into the T, and there are barbed hose fittings with threaded ends that screw into the other two legs of the T.

Yup...
Thats how I did it.
Dont remember the sizes of the barbs and or the adapter though.

Back