• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal grimlin need wireing guru

jeepnphreak

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well I did a search and did not find any help.
My 89 XJ Drivers side turn signal will not flash. Evan after replacing the bulbs. The bulbs lights up but no blink blink when I pull down on the turn signal stick. Replaced the flasher, no differnce.
Now the odd part. When I turn and the head lights, the bulb that blinks for turning ,turns off and the parking lamps and the DRIVERS side turn off.
on the passenger side every thing is working fine.

What the ____ is going on here?

89' xj 4.0L

do you have wiring for a trailer hitch? sometimes there is a problem with the trailer wiring module that is in the rear drivers side fender.

you probably have a bad socket. Replacements can be bought at any autoparts store (general use---not vehicle specific) for less than $5. In my experience it is usually the socket for the bulb under the headlight.

I got if fugured out. The ground wire on the socket had all but broke in half. It was hanging by 1 strand of wire creating a bad ground connection. I solderd it up and thing seem to be working now.

Back