• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taxidermists?

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Anyone know a good taxidermist in King/Pierce/Snohomish Counties? Looking to have a couple of ducks mounted, gotta be good with the birds. :) My guy in TX is backed up due to his 2nd and 3rd kids being born (twins) and called me last night.

In Ellensburg? It's been pretty fun, and definitely different living then over on the west side. Lots of open area to explore and shoot. But I still miss Kent and that area.

Rainier Taxidermy. Probably one of the best taxidermest in the state as far as quality. The turn around is a little long, but its very high quality. I would look into it though, he is located down in Roy.

edit, BTW his name is Zach.

Fawk fawk fawk a duck, screw a kangaroo...

:D:D:D

Thanks for the tips, guys. I've got some good stuff to work with. Need to get the birds shipped up from my buddy in TX. Have a SUPER nice drake Mexican duck, excellent drake Canvasback, and a nice drake pintail duck. I'm at least getting the Canvasback done, the others are plentiful where I hunt in TX and NM. I'd like to have the Pintail because he's the one the dog is retrieving in my avatar. :) I've got a whole series that retrieve so it'd be kinda cool to have the bird on a wall mount next to the photo. :)

Thinking a nice cup-winged float for the Canvasback...like he's getting ready to splash down. They've got some really cool feet that I want to accentuate. :) Kinda like this...

Landing%20Gear%20Down.jpg

Back