• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JY Intake ??'s

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up an intake off an '04 Wrangler last week complete with injectors, fuel rail, throttle body and power steering pump. I checked the parts book and know that the manifold, fuel rail and ps pump are identical between an XJ and the 04 TJ. Looking at the injectors, they LOOK a bit different but is there anything stopping me from using them? I recall reading somewhere that the plugs are different but I'm at work now so I can't check. Also, anything stopping me from using the newer throttle body or is it useless to me?

granted your name says 98 in it, you'll want to add some more information regarding what it is you want to put this stuff into.
really the year, 98 I take it
the engine, 4.0L I guess

I would think everything should swap ok, I have a 99 intake on my 97, works fine. the injectors, I assume would also work ok, but you know what assuming gets ya.
I have thought of grabbing the cross over intake tube and running a cone on the pass side just to be different.

The injectors had different connections on the 99 intake I bought. The other sensors appear to be the same, but since I had the intake apart to clean it before the install, I just used my TB and sensors, although I did use both IATs. Also, the fuel rails weren't exactly the same, and the injectors had different rates as well. You can use them, but I don't know that there's any reason to.

It probably would be worth looking up the part numbers, and verifying that the sensors are the same ones currently in your jeep.

Back