• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just thought I'd let you know....

OT said:
WTF do you think I'd be trash-talking Oregon for?
Football, what else is there?

Plenty.

Full-contact martial arts, 3-gun matches, and long-range precision shooting all leap to mind...

Liven things up and bring out "Skeet Golf" as well... Standard clubs and a shotgun...

5-90

Now, a typical football game is divided into four quarters of fifteen minutes each.

This totals sixty minutes - one hour only.

So, why for does it take three and a half damn hours to show a game? I honestly think we can liven things up by having the ball loaded with, say, a half-pound of Comp B (or something similar...) and have a timer that gets reset by the officials' rings for a random interval somewhere between fifteen and forty-five seconds. This would help to keep things moving, stop all this piling up from happening, cancel the "End Zone celebrations," and otherwise work against anything that could be considered "delay of game."

Then, eliminate the pads. Sorry, but if you're going to get paid umpteen million dollars a year or so, you can damn well risk life and limb in so doing! We've got soldiers in the line of fire for less than $40K per annum - protecting football players seems to fly in the face of that. If we're not going to "expose" football players to harm, let's pay soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines a useful amount...

I've got ideas for other sports as well - the only one I've got any marginal respect for is Rugby - mainly because most of them are meaner than any football player, and they don't bother with pads. And, they're not paid a king's ransom every year!

I just don't understand what sports players do to earn that much money - what do they actually produce? (For the record, I consider actors to be much in the same boat, as well as most "musicians.")

5-90

It was a great game, until the last minute's keystone kops routine with all the great technology we have.

GO HUSKIES!

Why does everyone ASSUME taht if you live in Oregon the DUcks are the only thing going on on saturday....

GOOD GOD..

Back