• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no bus code, but it cranks fine

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
Can't seem to find an answer for this as all other no bus threads are no crank which is usually the cps.

My 99 cranks fine but the gauges don't work and the odometer shows no bus. Any suggestions here?

Can't seem to find an answer for this as all other no bus threads are no crank which is usually the cps.

My 99 cranks fine but the gauges don't work and the odometer shows no bus. Any suggestions here?
unplug the cps then turn the key to the on postion, if the no bus goes away, and the guages come back to life, it is the cps.

also you have it wrong in the first sentence. a no bus with cranking and no spark is usually the cps.

next point do you have a no start condition also? you don't mention that?

how many miles do you have?

I remember something about the cluster connection causing a no-bus when the vehicle starts and runs fine. I think you have to unplug it, pack it in dielectric grease and reconnect. Somebody else I'm sure will chime in with the details/procedure as I've not personally experienced it.

yes. the 97+ models have a problem with the connection at the gauge cluster. pull the cluster, clean the contacts, and lube em up with dieletric grease. should completely solve your problem.

:cheers:

Ok, it didn't work. I am still having problems. I used a pair of needle nose pliers and tweaked the pins slightly. Put a little di grease on em and I'm still having ntermittent no bus issues. Can the guages be faulty?

Doubtful that more than one gauge would be faulty at the same time.

I think your problem is probably still at the connection at the gauge cluster that you've been working on.

The funny thing is that they will all go out. Then the tach will come back and then it will quit. They all just will work together, and sometimes only one or two will work. It's usually for no more than a few seconds.

Back