• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats that sensor?

ADrgnmn

NAXJA Forum User
It is positioned towards the back of 4.0 block and comes out of the wire harness that runs along the firewall, I have no clue where it goes. The wire leading off into the wire harness is purple with a yellow tracer. Any help is appreciated.:repair:

what year? Is the wire simply cut off or does it end in some kind of connector?

Is there any to bypass or get it to get its information with their being the necessary hole for the motor i have did not that designated hole for it.

OK i remember the CPS, its good. The sensor i a:repair:m referring to had a space to plug into the valve cover, the newer motor doesn't so i think i am screwed unless i can put my old valve cover on and be good.

That would be the coolant temperature sender that feeds the gauge or dummy light in the dash. Single wire, right?

yep, purple with yellow tracer. Could the map sensor cause idling problems and flat spots in the throttle just after idle?

That could be a symptom of the map, worn throttle position sensor, or the idle air controller. You should take off your throttle body, remove sensors, clean the iac, make sure pins and connectors are clean and not corroded, reinstall, and take it from there. And I just double checked a 93 fsm and the violet w/ yellow wire is indeed the temp sender wire for the gauges.

That would be the coolant temperature sender that feeds the gauge or dummy light in the dash. Single wire, right?

And according to the 1994 FSM, happens to be Violet with Yellow tracer. There should have been a sensor on the rear drivers corner of the head for this to plug into (not actually in the valve cover).

Back