• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else running the Jegs Dynomax 2.5" cat-back?

94CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else running the Jegs Dynomax 2.5' mandrel bent cat back? I just put a new front pipe and their kit on with no cat and man it sounds sweet. Especially under load. Sounds nice and throaty at idle too. Not a bad deal for $110! :05of5:

I'm running it, works great, full 2.5" system from the header back, with a Borla header.

Anyone else running the Jegs Dynomax 2.5' mandrel bent cat back? I just put a new front pipe and their kit on with no cat and man it sounds sweet. Especially under load. Sounds nice and throaty at idle too. Not a bad deal for $110! :05of5:

holy crap $110?????????!!!!!

Anyone have an installed pic? The price looks great but, the pic is hard to imagine on a Cherokee.

its not dual outlet. thats the general overview of what most of the kits like it come as. but in the cherokee specific description, it says single. i would sure hope it looks like any other replacement muffler

dual outlet muffler... weird.
any pictures of it installed?

No, its single outlet. Pictures shown are of a different vehicle's system.

You said you sourced your downpipe locally, were did you get it? I would like to get one with mandrel bends in 2.5". I have a great performance exhaust shop close to me, but they like to do all the install and welding and not sell any parts and I'm won't spend extra money on something I can do myself.

Hey, I noticed it only goes as new as 2000, could you use it with a 2001? I am assuming the only difference is flange design but I could be wrong.

TIA

I'm pretty happy with my 2.25 with stock cat and no header. Bet 2.5 all the way through sounds nice

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30496/10002/-1

That's the one I ordered. It's 2.5" and then I ordered the front pipe locally.

Have you confirmed its really 2.5? I don't see where Jegs says it is. Every XJ Dynomax system I have ever seen is 2.25, including the 2 I have gone through on my 98.

Hey, I noticed it only goes as new as 2000, could you use it with a 2001? I am assuming the only difference is flange design but I could be wrong.

TIA

The latest one (month or 2 ago) I bought came with the flange adapter.....

The adapter is pn 51008. Lists as being a replacement for this kit (mentioned above)

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...t=WLK-17463&N=700+4294922451+115&autoview=sku

But it's also included in this kit

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...t=WLK-17340&N=700+4294923429+115&autoview=sku

The parts list mentions this flange adapter as being needed on 00-01 Cherokees. If the kits from Jegs and Summit are the same, it's not 2.5", but the flange would make it work with either (although you could probably buy one from someone with extra parts for a lot less than 35 bucks, which seems a ridiculous cost for a short chunk of 2.25" pipe with some studds and a stamped flange).

My buddy has a 2000, and he's been interested in an putting together a budget exhaust system, and I've been wondering about the first kit. Can someone confirm the pipe diameters, not just at the tip but at the muffler and at the cat?

I had the Jegs catback on my 90 that I sold recently. I didn't actually measure it, but it definitely looked like it was larger in diameter than the stock pipe size (is it 2-1/4 or 2"?).

I think it would fit on my 2001 just fine with a cheap flange and a bit of trimming to make up for the length. Worst case I could break down and buy the adapter linked above. I may get one soon and find out.

Last edited:
Back