• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2WD Comanche to 4WD

drknyt

NAXJA Forum User
I might be getting a 92 2wd comanche, i have a 93 jeep cherokee 4wd, i'm just curious if that transfer case will bolt up to that transmission in the comanche, the comanche is a column shift and the cherokee is a floor shift if that matters, are the output shafts on the 2wd trans longer?

You will also need to swap the transmisions. You will need to remove the t-case shift linkage and transfer it over to the Comanchee. On the comanchee I helped swap to a 4wd we had to move the crossmember as well but there was already bolt holes there for it.

can't hang a TC on a 2WD tranny (well, you can but you have to swap the mainshaft and rear housing section). You need to swap trannies to a 4WD model. Everything else is bolt-in, except the rear driveshaft. You can have your 2WD one cut down to fit or try to source a stock MJ 4WD shaft.

Jeff

Back