• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep was in evans creek since sunday

dan302492

NAXJA Forum User
went out there to do some light wheeling/exploring on sunday when i crossed a wooden bridge into hell. a ways after this wooden bridge a branch snagged under my jeep and broke the fuel line fitting near the gas tank. i rigged up a getto gas line to get me out of the trail but there ended up being to much air in the line for it to cycle threw plus the batterie died on me so i had to leave it there till the next day. while we were leaving me and my friends hopped in my dads jeep (it was pitch black outside at the time) and headed back on the trail only to get stuck in a really odd spot breaking the front ring/pinion and the rear right leaf spring pin pulling the axle back and the driveline out!!!1. mannaged to get the rear axle into place by hamering a small socket extension in as a leaf spring pin and then limped the jeep out the rest of the way and had a noisy slow ride home. the next couple of days were spent fixing my dads jeep very sowly. we had to put in the old 3:55 pinion gears. i rode out there on dirtbikes with a friend during wednesday with a batterie in my backpack only to fail at getting it to run and having a painfull back the next day. come thursday i spend 5 hours getting my dads jeep back together then we go up to evans creek to pull my jeep out which was no easy task. there was a mixture of highlift, come alongs, and pulling with my dads jeep just to get it turned around and then we spent another 6 hours pulling it out of the trail. im just glad nothing got stripped.

Damn dude, you got lucky. In a matter of speaking. Any pictures?

Amazing that it wasn't tripped to the unibody!!!! I've seen first had what tweakers can do to a car in less than two hours. A friends car that had stalled out on back road. It took use two hours to get back to the car. By then there where no doors, no wheels, the stereo was gone. The cowl hood, upper and lower intake, injectors, heads, and alum radiator where all missing. This was a late model foxbody mustang. It was a sad day.

Wow! What an experience.
I am sure that some of us whould have enjoyed trying to help you out sooner had you posted earlier about the situation so we could have put a recovery team together! Something to think about next time.

Usually we learn alot from these types of events. I hope you are able to spend a few minutes and understand what you could have done differently to avoid or aid in the situation next time. Better yet, you could post the info for others so that we can all learn from the experience and be more prepared if there is a next time. It doesn't often happen that I go wheeling and don't think of 1 more item to add in the tool box, or 1 more thing I should do next time before the trip.

Michael

yeah it was quite the experience, the fuel line was the last thing id ever expect to break on the trail. atleast it sat there during the weekdays when not many people wheel. It sure was a relief to see it all in one piece though for sure.

Holy crap, what a trip. I'm glad nothing got taken off your jeep.

Dont take any wheelin trip lightly, you never know what might happen!

Funny story, I threw away a complete fuel line on Tuesday. Shoulda said something, I'd have brought it to you, installed it, and dragged your dads out of the woods, then trailered it to Auburn in the same trip :)

THis sounds like some thing I've done

ok so i got it running today only to find out i was a complete moron and could have had my jeep out half hour after it got stuck..... the hose that i used for the quick fix was jammed pack with some kind of cardboard crap.... just my luck, it was the only section of the hose i cut that had crap in it....damn

Wow! What an experience.
I am sure that some of us whould have enjoyed trying to help you out sooner had you posted earlier about the situation so we could have put a recovery team together! Something to think about next time.

X2. There are many of us that would not have had 2nd thoughts about running up there THAT night to help you get it out. That's what we're here for. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first.

John

Because of you Dave I carry a spare CPS, UCA, welding rods, and and blankets. No joke :)

Ya you learn from the best. You should see the amount of crap I carry. ;)

Back