• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Religion

Would you vote for a Muslim candidate, if they were an amazing candidate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
so???

I guess I should have said this is not candidate specific...Imagine as if it were a future election with neither Obama or McCain.

Imagine you agreed with their stances but they were Muslim.

Last edited:
I voted no. I don't have a problem (like many Americans do) with Muslims being here, because they do all get a bad rep for actions of only part of their religion, BUT I don't think I'd trust someone of such a different religion than our country was built on to actually run it...not just yet anyway. There are still too many Muslim extremists running around and anybody can tell potential voters what they want to hear.

And on a more general note, not just Muslims...I guess another way to change this Rock Rash...how much background would the potential candidate have in America? That could possibly change my vote. If the person has years of political experience I would certainly be more likely to vote for them than if they just entered the political arena, it's not always just about issues.

Last edited:
Imagine you agreed with their stances but they were Muslim.

Of course I would.

BUT I don't think I'd trust someone of such a different religion than our country was built on

Our country was not build on a religion.

I could give a rats ass if the president were Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Mormon, New Age Spiritualist, or even Deists (the religion that some of our founding fathers were).

It does not matter, it should not matter.

It will never happen. Name the last president who wasn't Christian. The American people, as long as Christianity is the dominant religion in the U.S., will never elect someone of a different faith. Why do you think Barry "converted," he knows how the game works.

I said yes. If he/she were an amazing candidate and was qualified to run the country, then why not?

It's likely the most qualified person to run the country will never get the chance.

Screw the muzzies.

Rock Rash is gettin' a wee bit enraged, aren't ya lad? :roll:
no, just proving a point that people are prejudiced against religions other than their own, even if they have the same political views.

Unfortunately people are afraid of the unknown.

your not, just proving yourself ignorant. I could care less. I already voted, i know Im not going to change any minds, just curious

no, just proving a point that people are prejudiced against religions other than their own, even if they have the same political views.

I hate everyone equally, regardless of religion....

however...

I tend to side with people who don't crash planes into buildings.

Faulty argument. It's not prejudice. Religion, or a belief system, shapes one's world view. When a politician's religion doesn't line up with a voter's religion, there is nothing wrong with the constituent voting on that basis. Honestly, I think that's a better indicator for the voter than the words that come out of the politician's mouth.

First we have class warfare in this election, and how you want to bring in religion warfare? Sheesh!

Nope, they all should die!!

All rapists, murderers, terorists should get the death penalty.

If you are willing to ruin/take someone elses right to live, they you should have no right to live.

Nope, they all should die!!

All rapists, murderers, terorists should get the death penalty.

If you are willing to ruin/take someone elses right to live, they you should have no right to live.
C'mon, then Obama wouldn't have any friends left!

Back