• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Sits HIGH, Vibe on Accel.

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Just installed my Lift, tires, had the gears done, and SYE.

I went with an RE 4.5" Superflex, except I didnt get the shackles I just got 4.5" leafs since I cant get my stock shackles out.

Anyways heres the problem. I didnt shim the rear pinion, since its pointing at the T-case anyways I didnt feel as though I would need too. Ill get pics tomrorow.

However I have a pretty decent vibe going enough to shake the interior when im accelerating. Any idea what that can be?

Also, do all RE lifts sit WAY higher in the back? Im getting about 1.5" if not 2" more in the back than the front. Worst case scenario Ill throw in some 1.5" coil spacers I have sitting here in the front.

Thanks!

yes RE kits always do that, they did it because the springs will settle. research what shims you would need, though i dont think your rear is THAT much higher.

yeah my 4.5" kit (3.5" leafs and shackle) sits at about 5.5" right now. why wont your shackles come out? and its shaking because you need an SYE, which also requires shims

yeah my 4.5" kit (3.5" leafs and shackle) sits at about 5.5" right now. why wont your shackles come out? and its shaking because you need an SYE, which also requires shims

no, it doesnt mean that u need and sye.......necesarily, you re getting vibes be cuz the Dshaft is binding due to the lift, u can also do a Tcase drop and that will help the angle as well as the vibes

Last edited:
x3 on the settling, It'll take some time but it will come down, Mine was retarded high in the back,now i'm thinking about shackleboxes to get my shackles where i want and an extra inch

Dont overlook your front driveshaft as the culprit for vibration. All the focus is always to the rear shaft but a lot of the time just yanking your front shaft and taking it for a spin might be the ticket. If it IS in fact giving you vibes then youll probably need front UCAs, preferably adjustable ones so you can dial in front pinion angle.

Ive got front adjustable UCAs..

I installed an SYE yesterday...

I dont currently have a front driveshaft in the truck, I put the front shaft in the rear.

The RE instructions say if the pinion is too high that you get accel vibes.

Do you think I should shim it like 3 degrees down?

DSCF5387.jpg

DSCF5386.jpg

DSCF5388.jpg

By the way, those are 35's andI have 4.56's.

you can not properly adjust your pinion angle by looking at it. You need to get a incline meter (any hardware store has them) and measure it. RE is right, vibes on acceleration is a pinion to high. I would start with a 2.5* shim.

Back