• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA's and a 2" BB

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
My 87 Laredo has a 2" BB and 235's. Just coil spacers and AAL. I would like to get some tube lower control arms just "for the look" My BB is a cheapy, I didnt replace shocks or brakelines. Thats because it only sees the street and is my DD. Can i replace just the LCAs or do i have to replace the Upper and Lowers? Im not too familair with suspension componets like control arms, but i'd basically like some LCA's that wont screw anything up as far as suspension geometry goes that will bolt right into the existing spot.

Rough Country has adjustable lcas for $159. They'll adjust to stock length. For looks, you can paint them a bright color. If you're gonna be a poser, do it up right. Some raised white letter tires can be the finishing touch.

My 87 Laredo has a 2" BB and 235's. Just coil spacers and AAL. I would like to get some tube lower control arms just "for the look" My BB is a cheapy, I didnt replace shocks or brakelines. Thats because it only sees the street and is my DD. Can i replace just the LCAs or do i have to replace the Upper and Lowers? Im not too familair with suspension componets like control arms, but i'd basically like some LCA's that wont screw anything up as far as suspension geometry goes that will bolt right into the existing spot.

So have all of your previous 633 posts been as senseless as this one?

If your going for looks then buy a wrangler... or you could put some 3" wheel spacers on your heep and drop it about 3 inches if your rig doesnt see any dirt. Put in a HUGE sound system with some subwoofers, put some chrome door trim all over EVERYTHING and call it a day.

Who the frack is even going to SEE your control arms at a whopping 2" with 235s?
rolleye.gif

Jim www.yuccaman.com

If you wanting them just for looks, your better off spending money else ware.
However there are reasons this may not be a bad idea. Future upgrades come to mind. Also the stock arms aren't the strongest, and while it's highly unlikely there will be any problems, it never hurts to upgrade to something that will take a hit on a rock.
If you plan on lifting it more in the future, and you will, you could get adjustable LCAs. You don't need to worry about the uppers until you're in the 4.5" territory.

Damn, easy on the flaming guys, i guess im not the typical owner on the forum.

Stupid questions are tolerable, because everyone has been there, everyone has been a newb and had it handed to them.

Idiotic questions deserve being made fun of. If anything, why would you want new LCA's for looks when you could spend the money on upgrading your tires, lift, accessories? Just wondering. But hey, its your jeep... if you want to spend money on new LCA's when you could run your stock ones with a 2" bb then go ahead, You will be supporting our industry.

ok, all im saying is do it in order. Run the 2" bb for a while and slap on some 30's or 31's. Run that for a year or so, then put your money into a lift kit that comes with LCA's designed for your new lift. Then you can paint them whatever color you want to make them look cool.

Back