• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy 44 - high steer question

OBXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been searching on this but cant find a definitive answer using the parts im thinking of. Hopefully, somebody here can help and maybe even provide a link to info that includes part numbers and/or specific stamping information.

I have a 44 from an 84 Waggy. I've cut all of the brackets off and removed everything fro the inner C's out. Since I have everything off, I figure I might as well go ahead and convert to hy-steer and manual hubs rather than do it all again in the future.

I have a line on some Wagoneer flat top knuckles but Im not sure what year they're off of. Can I use any of the remaining original parts from the 44 to convert to manual hubs or do I need to use Chevy parts to achieve that?

84 LP dana 44
7? Waggy flat top knuckles
84 Waggy caliper/backing plate
84 Waggy calipers / rotors

Any help is greatly appreciated...

the spindles you have should be fine. I just pulled the drive slugs, inserted locking hubs and was good to go! As for high steer, replace your passenger side knuckle with a flat top, get it drilled and tapped, buy a high steer arm and all the necessary stuff to hook your draglink in - the tierod on the waggy is OTK already...

IIRC, there can be an issue with re-using stock spindle NUTS for locking hubs... I don't know, but the info is on the "littlekeylime" site quoted above...

Last edited:
So i just need to source some manual hubs & spindle from a waggy 44 and should be good to go?

Yeah, I don't even think the spindles changed for manual hubs. There are two different manual hubs for a 44... if there was a spindle that couldn't take manual hubs, there would be more more than 2 spindle choices for Jeeps/Chevys.
Billy

Back