• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So...is this anything?

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
88 XJ. Gonna get it painted in a week or so, and wondered if the hinges on the rear lid are anything to be concerned about. They "hang" a bit over the edge when the lid is opened, and when viewed from above they seem to have slid off the bottom part a bit. If fixable, how? PITA? Worth fixing?

-greg/[email protected]

(PS If I knew how to post fotos here, I would)

Last edited:
If you pull off the moulding piece that runs along the top of the door opening you can pull down the headliner enough to access the two bolts on each hinge. You can loosen them and readjust the hinges, and then re-tighten. I believe it takes a 10mm socket. Shouldn't be too much of a PITA to fix.

Shanesaw-
Thanks for the tips. From the looks of them, I had no idea they were adjustable. Looks like two magnetic plates that are slowly sliding away from each other. I can't see any screws/set screws at all, but maybe that's all interior, as you say. When new, were they square top-to-bottom plate with no hang over from the rear? If so, this may stop a rattle I can't seem to find in the back as well!
-greg

Back